No announcement yet.

Nerd Racing's 94 Ford Aspire Work Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

probably the biggest would be 17's. 205 45's i believe, I am not sure. I am going to rock 14" steelies for a while with this one. 185 65 14's
    2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
    1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

I cut out the first ribbed flex section of the intake tube and then sleeved it with a 2-1/2" exhaust coupler and then ran it to the H box and VAF, then off of the VAF I ran a GTX adapter and cone filter. I used one of the short cone filters from advance auto.

Made a little progress, tightened up my exhaust doughnut and connected the last coolant line. I also installed my passenger aspire hub and new rotor, and then installed the Protege 4x4 brake caliper and new brakes and hardware kit.

pretty soon the axles should be here... hopefully anyway. If not I'm going to start the body work while I'm waiting.

I've decided to keep the car and make it a show car/street monster.

I want to paint it close to this color:

borrowed an aspire owner's photoshop of his car and messed with the contrast and brightness and came up with this.

I would add some small metal flake to the paint.

Any thoughts? maybe a yellow color?

like this?

1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

The graphite color looks much better imho. Cool project, I <3 sleepers
        '90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
        '93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods...
        10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - Timeslip
        490whp, 447 wtq @ 20psi - Dyno sheet

Comment

thanks man, yeah I figured with your SC KLZE'd 323.

The color I will be using is slightly lighter than the Graphite color.

I could not find an axle configuration that would allow me to use the G-series transmission so I need to go back to the basics and use the E-series out of my daily driver for now. I think this car will turn into a daily driver and I am going to build a 323 if I can find one clean enough for my liking. I may not even paint this one.

Its kind of made me lose a little faith in my monkey wrenching skillz...

I need another BG...
          1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

the graphite color is much more sleeper like . yellow is too much of a cop magnet ......

Comment

this is another photoshop I did up, the car was just turned gray by another guy by making it a grayscale, i cut the gray out and overlaid it on a Black photoshop and here it is:

I wish my car was as clean as this guy's. he has over 12k in it, probably more now. Crazy Australians.

Its similar to the color I am going with for my car except mine will be a touch darker. I want to do a blacked out interior, not white, and I want to use these rims in a 15" not a 17":

Last edited by nerd racing; 06-15-2009, 11:51 PM.
              1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Damn. Never thought an aspire could actually look good lol. What's a good year to get? I'm guessing pre-95 so you can stay obd1 right?
                1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

yeah 94 or 95.

Comment

fo shizzle! I miss my 95, the lights and front bumper on that one in the photoshop are from a 97.
                    1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

well it lives!

sorry for the crappy quality, it was from my cell phone.

I think my tps is messed up though it was loose when I got the throttle body so I set it in the middle and tightened it.

I haven't had a chance to get it out and opened up, it started overheating because my coolant fan is dead. Tried hot wiring it but its burned up. I DO have a replacement that works so I'm going to swap that in in the morning, and also putting it on the road!

I'm on cloud 9 right now!
                      1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Final engine bay shot! For now anyway.

I'm itching to drive this beast down the road!
                        1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

grats man, the motor sounds nice.
                          AARC Member

Comment

thanks guys, put it on the road today, just have to swap over my cooling fan from the parts car, one in the car is dead, wouldn't even hotwire to work.
                            1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Loong over due updates:

BP has been in for a looong time, 3k plus miles.

Blew wheel bearings so I changed them, then blew the headgasket, changed that too.

Cut and narrowed a subary legacy outback front bumper and installed:

also a bird knocked the ford emblem right out of my grill, so I cut the rest out.

An Aspire GT?

its a quick photoshop with 97 aspire lights and eyelids and an EGT style grill.

Also installed a coilover kit, new stance:

I know I need to trim my bumper sides a little to match the curve of the wheel well.

what do you think?
                              1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

That looks awesome. It's like a mini 323 GTR! lol

Comment

Working...
                                X