No announcement yet.

DeeAOne's BF KLDE Swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about the hybrid axle thing. Put the axle that supposed to be in the trans into it and take the axle rod out of the input part of the axle and use the capri axle rods? Replace your boots and you have axles that fit.
    Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
    "Who Dey"

Comment

Capri is not a model we get here so have no idea about the length of the axles but if you are thinking about joing two axle pieces here is the advice that I have been given.

Advice that I've had from a local engineer is to cut the two axle pieces to length, 30 degree V prep them, weld in a lathe with correct wire, press straight while still hot, put axle in a box of iron filings/swarf and allow to cool very slowly. Checken straighteness when cool and then weld a chrome moly sleeve over the join. In NZ we then have to have them X-ray tested to be legal. He said NOT to put a pin in between the two halves as they WILL break. This a guy that welds up truck driveshafts so have every faith in what he says.

Comment

Originally posted by bomdoutscort View Post
        How about the hybrid axle thing. Put the axle that supposed to be in the trans into it and take the axle rod out of the input part of the axle and use the capri axle rods? Replace your boots and you have axles that fit.
        i did a little research with that. my buddy works at autozone so i got him to get an mx3 axle ordered to his store. we looked at it and the bearing assembly seems way to big to fit into the 4 cylinder cv housing. and putting the 4 cyl assembly into the mx3 hub for the trans had way too much movement inside. it would fall apart as soon as i tried to drive.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Originally posted by DeeAOne View Post
          we looked at it and the bearing assembly seems way to big to fit into the 4 cylinder cv housing.
          Take the shaft out of the inner bearing race i doubt bearings will interchange, so try swapping the shaft only you might have luck there, since you don't wanna swap diffs and use capri XR2/323 GT axles lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

true. if i recall its even the 4x114 pattern as well.
            yes thats true. im running capri xr2 wheels on my BF right now

Comment

Bro this is looking good aye, havent been on in a while
              FE3 POWA
              1985 Mazda 323 BF5P - FE3 powered

Comment

im doing what i can. lol once i get my new harness i may go ahead and attempt to fire her up.

Comment

so, i gave an axle shop i found a call and they said i have two options:

1. they can make an mx-3 axle with a bigger 323 hub on the outer end to fit my wheel. price: $600. shipped to my house in 8-10 weeks.

2. they can make a custom axle specially for my application. price: $800. shipped to my house probably within 2 weeks. this will probably be the stronger of the two.

what do you guys think?

Comment

i've got an idea- Ask MFACTORY to make you some axels
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

so, i gave an axle shop i found a call and they said i have two options:

1. they can make an mx-3 axle with a bigger 323 hub on the outer end to fit my wheel. price: $600. shipped to my house in 8-10 weeks.

2. they can make a custom axle specially for my application. price: $800. shipped to my house probably within 2 weeks. this will probably be the stronger of the two.

what do you guys think?
                      I think you should do what damkid did. I don't know how much it would to cost to tear apart the tranny and change the ring gear or whatever he did but its probably cheaper.
                      Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                      "Who Dey"

Comment

i would say it depends on your budget man, if it was me I'll pay the extra 200 for custom shafts made for your car. Then u wouldn't have to ever think about it again...
                        FE3 POWA
                        1985 Mazda 323 BF5P - FE3 powered

Comment

Originally posted by bomdoutscort View Post
                          I think you should do what damkid did. I don't know how much it would to cost to tear apart the tranny and change the ring gear or whatever he did but its probably cheaper.
                          I got ten bucks into my tranny total with swapping diffs and getting the tranny and that was the cost of the bolts to reattach the ring gear lol mind you i had a spare tranny to get the diff from

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

First choice... do what Damkid did. Second choice.... spend the $800. Yeah... $200 more but only two weeks out as opposed to 8 - 10 weeks out. What's your time worth?

Say, on a different note... where did you find longer bolts for your spoiler? Did they look just like the originals? Just longer? I can't get anything close my way. Getting frustrated. Can you help?

\thanks.

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by LN323 View Post
                              First choice... do what Damkid did. Second choice.... spend the $800. Yeah... $200 more but only two weeks out as opposed to 8 - 10 weeks out. What's your time worth?

Say, on a different note... where did you find longer bolts for your spoiler? Did they look just like the originals? Just longer? I can't get anything close my way. Getting frustrated. Can you help?

\thanks.

Larry
                              ah choices. I'll have to sit down and really think about it.

As for the bolt, they should be threaded studs. If you have a lowes or home depot near you you should be fine. I just got a long threaded rod about a foot long and cut into four pieces. I had plenty left over.

Comment

Go for the custom axles. You'll never have to worry about them again and if you have a trans problem it will be a straight swap out rather than having to change diffs again. Are the MX3 axles the right length......I thought they had a wider track like the BG 323 ?????

Comment

Working...
                                X