sigpic

Comment

props for you
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

great job! im jealous. lol

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

This is a mean swap. The car is total sleeper and will eat most of what it will encounter.
          Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
          "Who Dey"

Comment

Videos as soon as I have got it certified ! I'll break in the engine using 3000rpm max and light throttle for 600 miles , drop the oil out and change the filter, run it for another 600 miles or so and drop the oil and put synthetic oil in it....probably my fave oil Motul 300V.Just a quick thought........don't ever be tempted to use full synthetic in a new motor...in will never break-in...just use a decent mineral oil.

Comment

Thanks for all the support guys and glad that you like the results so far

Comment

Quick update....had a minor panic when i discovered a small split in the hose from throttle body to MAF sensor which became a big split when I poked it :O $35 at the wreckers for a MX6 one sorted that out. Wheel alignment boooked for tomorrow and Certification booked for Monday.....fingers crossed that I haven't missed something or there's not some bizarre regulation that I don't know about !

Comment

*fingers crossed man!*
                  2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                  1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

all the luck1!!
                    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Thx guys. Wheel alignment done....0.85 degrees negative camber and 3.6mm toe out and it feels ok on the short drive back home. Wheel alignment guy was a bit sh**ty at 8.00 this morning becuase he thought it was just another knackered boy racers car booked in first thing on a Saturday morning. He came right though after he had the car up on the hoist and started the job. In fact he got quite chatty after that.

Developed a squeak from one of the belt pulleys on the way over there which had me on edge......just got to go and find out which pulley is making all the noise.

Comment

sleeper az

looks awesome man
                        FE3 POWA
                        1985 Mazda 323 BF5P - FE3 powered

Comment

sounds like you are on your way man!
                          2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                          1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Found the squeak in the end ! I replaced the bearings ( type 6203 ) in both the alternator and power steer idler pulleys and stilll had the noise. Off with the timing belt cover again and found the top cam belt idler had gone rough....change both idlers and the tensioner this time as I don't want to have that cover of again for the next 100,000km ! A sneaky drive up a quiet road confirmed all was ok and it certainly has some get up and go even though only using light throttle and 3000 rpm.

Certification tomorrow....i'll let you know how it goes.

Comment

good luck man. im glad i dont have to worry about that because my car would certainly fail. lol

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Good luck!!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
                                X