No announcement yet.

Pommyvince's BF 323 KL ZE swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good progress!! I still can't wait to see a video of that thing rippin up the streets lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Dee....axles seem to be ok after the quick blast up the road. CV boots still attached and no strange noises..fingers crossed that they are ok on a longer run. Got to get my ass out to the garage and pull the sump off

Comment

Pistons out and bores and crank look fine. All the oil control rings look a bit gummed up and I'll probably put a set of big end shells in it while its apart. Seems like previous owner wasn't too fussed on what oil they used, when they bothered to change it, and probably drove like a nana!
        Attached Files

Comment

hey vince

man, you've got threw heaps more than what i had to do. Mines running like a dream, apart from reverse left me a few months back and it looks like a whole new gearbox to fix the problem. How far off cert do you think you are now? I cant do anything until i get reverse. I got my hands on another wagon too, fwd 1300 sohc, but thats already out and im on the prowle for something 1600 as well. I minstakley bought a 1800 dohc BP motor with 5 speed box that the guy was 100% sure was only a 1600 but hey its the same thing youve done to fit that in the wag.

have you fit the head lights and stuff you got off me yet, should look quiet tuff but sleeper as?

Well done and i hope to see it drive past one day on the roads.

Comment

Hi ya. wondering how you were getting on ! Headlights and resprayed grill sitting in the garage with a resprayed bfmr guards and a turbo bonnet Hopefully I'll be fitting that all in a couple of weeks and booking the Cert. I call in and see ya when its done.

Comment

awsome

ive moved house mate, but if uv still got my email addy flick me an email and well catch up.

Comment

Not much to report other than now have nice clean cylinder heads with new valve guide seals and recovering from the tedium of lapping-in 24 valves. New rings and big end shells have arrived and I'll plastigauge the bottom end tomorrow just to check I've got the correct big end shells. I'll also run a hone down the bores to give the new rings a good chance of bedding in. If all goes to plan I'll be up and running at the weekend
                Attached Files

Comment

Making progress.....bores cleaned up ok and have got both the heads back on as well as the sump and the cambelt. Should hopefully have it up and running to day
                  Attached Files

Comment

looks great man!
                    2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                    1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Yes that does look great!!!

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

oh that reminds me, which fuel line is the main feed and which is the return? I was thinking the one closest to the radiator support was the feed and the return was the one closer to the firewall?
                        2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                        1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

I used a Laser TX3 turbo tank and fuel lines as mine was a carby model. I had the same problem I had to power up the fuel pump and see which line the fuel came out......quite an impressive jet lol.

Comment

Finally back together After a quick but gentle drive up the road and down the neighbours drive all seems to be ok with no oil or coolant leaks with a nice steady idle. Which meant it was time to put the panels back on......colour match is pretty good but not perfect.

Just a few things left to do...finish wiring the headlights,stop the exhaust rattling, make a proper air filter bracket, line up the bonnet ( hood) and get the wheel alignment done. Should then be able to get certification ( more money !) and fingers crossed it will pass .
                            Attached Files

Comment

that's bad ass!!!! such a clean job on the rebuild, turned out real nice!

what processes are you taking for breaking in the engine? what oil are you using?
                              -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

I can tell videos will be on there way soon!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X