No announcement yet.

GT Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe that's exactly right. We didn't get them in the US, so the details are sketchy for me.. but I know I've seen them on craigslist and stuff.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
    1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
    1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
    1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
    1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

It had the bumpers and spoilers from a gtx. I can't remember if there was anything other than that.
      12 cbr250r: daily ride
      01 saab 9-3: daily
      98 gsxr 1100: for sale
      93L: money pit/ space waster
      92GL: low and slow beater
      90?: the rust free shell
      89LX: swapping to rust free shell
      89L: for sale
      89L: parts
      87 conquest: dohc 4g64 swap underway
      76+80 vw dashers: for sale

Comment

That's true.. It's all coming back to me.

1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead

Comment

From what I remember seeing in the JY: They also had a very similar interior to the GTX or the Tracer, but I remember it being lighter than the GTX. The fabric on the doors was very nice, from what I recall.

Comment

Finally found where us m323p refugees have come to, nice to see you guys again, been a long while. I had two gt's, but a few months back whitey, my perfect one, was destroyed buy some retard in an s10 pickup, so I'm back down to one, and just now recovering from the depression.

Comment

No!!!!!! Not whitey! You better let the other Seattle guys know about this. I miss you guys.

Comment

I have a B6T GT, but probably only until the summer. The shell has even more damage than I first discovered, and its no longer feasible to try and repair it. I'll transplant the good stuff into the ghostbusters once I replace the turbo.

There was a GT hatch in a nearby JY nov/dec. FWD, 1.6DOHC non-turbo, adjustable suspension, don't remember the interior but I don't think it was the same as the GTX (I do remember the rear panels were a real bitch to remove), turbo bumpers, upper spoiler optional, disc brakes (same as the sedan GT). I found a pic I took...

1993 Mazda Familia GTR - work log

Comment

Yep... those are what I was thinking of...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Speed View Post
                    Finally found where us m323p refugees have come to, nice to see you guys again, been a long while. I had two gt's, but a few months back whitey, my perfect one, was destroyed buy some retard in an s10 pickup, so I'm back down to one, and just now recovering from the depression.
                    NO! Why couldn't he have hit ol' Silver...... Are you okay? What was salvageable from whitey?

Comment

I am ok, I wasen't in the car when it was hit, I was standing about 5 feet from it though. That was fun to watch her get destroyed right in front of my eyes. I am going to part out what is still usable, which is a lot, she was hit in the rear, kinda up higher because it was a truck.

Comment

I have a gt with the following mods

ENGINE

BPT swap
                        Magnecor Competition 8.5mm Plug Wires
                        04 WRX Sti intank fuel pump ( Walbro stop sending)
                        Front mount i/c 18x8x3
                        2.5" I/C piping
                        HKS Racing BOV
                        Garrett T25/T28 from Nissan Pulsar Gti-r
                        HKS 2.5" exhaust system with Magnaflow oval pan (found that it is the actual HKS exhaust system)

DRIVETRAIN
                        G type fwd gearbox with B6T flywheel, clutch & pressure plate
                        Modified shifter to short throw

SUSPENSION
                        Corksport Front Strut Tower Bar
                        Tokico HP Struts
                        H&R Lowering Spring
                        All Pedders polyurethane bushings except for Lateral Link
                        All new strut mounts
                        All new bump stop

BRAKE
                        BG GTX front brake caliper
                        SS Brake line kit
                        Hawk HPS disc pads

INTERIOR
                        BG GTX steering wheel
                        HKS Turbo timer
                        HKS EVC
                        Gauges - Boost, Oil pressure & Air/fuel
                        Carbon Fibre Triming

EXTERIOR
                        New tail lights
                        Front lip
                        Black & Silver stripes paint theme
                        15" rims
                        Kuhmo ESTA SPT 195/50/15 tyres

Comment

Hey guys. I have a Black GT on 14psi, Turbo II injectors, VJ11 turbo, Rebuilt the motor from the ground up with new pistons from mazda. I just got a thunderbird IHI turbo that I put the backhousing from the vj11. So after I clean that up, it will be going on soon. She has been pissing me off lately though but I cant stay mad at her. I am having charging issues with her and i cant figure it out. I have changed the alternator again and now after its warm and I have drove for a lil bit, the alternator stops charging. I checked all the wiring and everything but nothing so I am going to take the alternator out today

Comment

Originally posted by noshatch View Post
                            Hey guys. I have a Black GT on 14psi, Turbo II injectors, VJ11 turbo, Rebuilt the motor from the ground up with new pistons from mazda. I just got a thunderbird IHI turbo that I put the backhousing from the vj11. So after I clean that up, it will be going on soon. She has been pissing me off lately though but I cant stay mad at her. I am having charging issues with her and i cant figure it out. I have changed the alternator again and now after its warm and I have drove for a lil bit, the alternator stops charging. I checked all the wiring and everything but nothing so I am going to take the alternator out today
                            Check the output of the alternator with a DVM. On mine, I went through several alternators in a short period. The volt meter in the car would show 10VDC, then jump to 14VDC. This would cause some bucking on the car while cruising.

The root cause was the battery cables, especially the Negative cable which was corroded to all hell. After replacing them, and adding a new batch of grounds everywhere else, things have been running smoothly.

Comment

I tried new grounds and already checked the alternator output and it is dead. So I went to autozone (where I got the alternator) and had them check it on the car and they said that it is bad. So I have to take it out of the car and get a new one

Comment

Keep an eye on your voltmeter (if you have one). If it isn't showing 14VDC, you might want to check on the battery cables, or replace them. Otherwise, you'll be replacing the alternator again down the road.

Comment

Working...
                                X