No announcement yet.

GT Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, what I'm saying is that the claimed MPG in the seller's post seems much too high. I've had a 323SE back in 1989 and owned it until 2001. I've never observed mileage like what the poster claims, and I really tried to milk it for all it's worth when I was going to school.

*shrugs* I dunno.

Comment

I have a GT. I guess mine is a bit different. except for an air filter its 100% stock. I dont see that much these days. last time i filled up i got 33mpg.

Comment

1988 GT owned for 5 years and never started. In great shape all around, needs paint and dents fixed from sittng next to the freeway in a wrecker yard where I found it and bought it for $250. BLown engine and much runn around in getting it going again. Finally picked up a long nose miata engine (auto @ 9:1) and its installed waiting for me to finish the brakes and suspension. Then It will remain all stock for the most part because these cars are rare and awesome in their pure form.
        88 323 GT - 03 Protege5 - 07 Mazda 5

Comment

Originally posted by sethro_GT View Post
          1988 GT owned for 5 years and never started. In great shape all around, needs paint and dents fixed from sittng next to the freeway in a wrecker yard where I found it and bought it for $250. BLown engine and much runn around in getting it going again. Finally picked up a long nose miata engine (auto @ 9:1) and its installed waiting for me to finish the brakes and suspension. Then It will remain all stock for the most part because these cars are rare and awesome in their pure form.
          Got pix

Comment

From the day I got it all those years ago. Hasn't changed at all from this, other than H&R springs.
            88 323 GT - 03 Protege5 - 07 Mazda 5

Comment

Ive got an 89 SE with the b6 single slammer and just got my first GT about 2 weeks ago. All it needs is a new ignition moduel/ distributer. and it should be up and running. bought it for 700 so not bad for a non running GT with 150,xxx on the clock plus new head, battery timing belt exc.. I just cant wait to feel boost! haha..

Comment

My GT came from a junkyard, spotted it across the yard and fell in love on the spot. Paid $300 for it then had to wait for 9 months to get the title since it was abandoned. By that point it was already running albeit poorly, all it took was a battery, some fresh fuel and about 5 minutes of cranking.

Now it has had a new clutch, new axles, new brakes (MAJOR PAIN) including rotors, wheel bearings and pads, oil filter gasket, valve cover gasket, new plugs and wires, K&N panel filter, waiting on cracked exhaust manifold to get welded and replacement turbo sourced, then it's getting some new shocks to go with the lowering springs I have. Outside it has S10 front lip and factory trunk spoiler. Inside I have '80s MR2 seats (adjustable bolsters like the GTX seats, and blue in color) a Momo monte carlo steering wheel and a genuine '80s 8-ball for a shift knob.

Pic is before the front lip or trunk spoiler and the wheels in the pic have been sold.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TRRC View Post
                  My GT came from a junkyard, spotted it across the yard and fell in love on the spot. Paid $300 for it then had to wait for 9 months to get the title since it was abandoned. By that point it was already running albeit poorly, all it took was a battery, some fresh fuel and about 5 minutes of cranking.

Now it has had a new clutch, new axles, new brakes (MAJOR PAIN) including rotors, wheel bearings and pads, oil filter gasket, valve cover gasket, new plugs and wires, K&N panel filter, waiting on cracked exhaust manifold to get welded and replacement turbo sourced, then it's getting some new shocks to go with the lowering springs I have. Outside it has S10 front lip and factory trunk spoiler. Inside I have '80s MR2 seats (adjustable bolsters like the GTX seats, and blue in color) a Momo monte carlo steering wheel and a genuine '80s 8-ball for a shift knob.

Pic is before the front lip or trunk spoiler and the wheels in the pic have been sold.
                  Post a now pic with the front lip or trunk spoiler installed. I luv the style of those rims. What is the size of the rims?

Comment

i have a 88 GT sedan...

picked it up off a guy in sacramento, ca for $850, in a non-running state. if i remember right, the guy and his brothers have been the only owners. its mostly in good enough shape, few odds and ends that are destroyed or missing.

as it sits...

cone filter
                    12" resonator/glass pack, no muffler, stock pipe size
                    ground control coil-overs

stock other then that, thinking of dropping some coin and having the intercooler pipes done and the turbo/manifold replaced with something worth while for power. maybe just turn the boost up to 16 and slap some 272s regrinds into it with MS. who knows. i keep getting distracted by my civic and its needs for attention.

edit: for what it is, it hangs nicely with a buddy's 95 coupe w/ a turbo kit and LSD trans. :D

edit2: mine gets great mileage. honestly gets better mileage then my 90 civic.
                    Last edited by 99EJ6T; 08-26-2010, 12:36 AM.
                    88 GT - DD
                    88 GTX - whore

Comment

Have a very clean GT project car that ive owned for almost 2 years that needs a new home. Im thinking of parting it out, but Ide much rather see it cleaned up and rebuilt. Otherwise sadly, this 100% rust free shell will be scrapped.
                      Mazda
                      1988 Black 323 GT
                      DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

really? i would love to take it off your hands, but its too far north for me to come and get it. plus i have no where to put it. hell, i cant even get my other gtx shell from down south at this point .

edit: if you do part it out and it has oem wheels, i would like them please. my gtx came with some oem wheels that are pretty ugly. sort of look like 1st gen rx7 wheels. **shrug**.. if not, then i will continue to look for wheels that will actually look good on my GT. then put my GT's ones on the GTX..
                        Last edited by 99EJ6T; 09-10-2010, 01:55 AM.
                        88 GT - DD
                        88 GTX - whore

Comment

Hey guys, I picked up a running driving 323 GT with 206k for 580 bucks today
                          Love my

1992 Protégé DX Totaled
                          1991 Protégé LX SOLD
                          1988 323 GT, 1.6 B6T 200k SOLD still on the road..
                          1992 Miata Unofficial SE 76k
                          1991 Mercury Capri XR2 101k
                          1972 Monte Carlo

Comment

Pictures are required, or you might be banned. :D

Welcome! Glad to hear another one is still alive.
                            Mazda
                            1988 Black 323 GT
                            DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Heres a link to my GT album

Love my

1992 Protégé DX Totaled
                              1991 Protégé LX SOLD
                              1988 323 GT, 1.6 B6T 200k SOLD still on the road..
                              1992 Miata Unofficial SE 76k
                              1991 Mercury Capri XR2 101k
                              1972 Monte Carlo

Comment

Originally posted by mazkam View Post
                                Post a now pic with the front lip or trunk spoiler installed. I luv the style of those rims. What is the size of the rims?

I will get some better pics soon, this was taken with my cell phone. car is up and running, still got some minor things to take car of. Rims were 15x6.5 et 38.

Comment

Working...
                                X