No announcement yet.

GT Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whoa whoa, My GT is pretty much stock and I am getting 22MPG with a mix of mostly city driving.

I thought my MPG's sucked so I searched it and this thread came up.. My miata gets around 30-35 with me doing donuts and being an lead foot. I baby the GT in the city but I get 22.... Something is wrong..
    Last edited by E=MC^2; 12-26-2010, 01:56 PM.
    Love my

1992 Protégé DX Totaled
    1991 Protégé LX SOLD
    1988 323 GT, 1.6 B6T 200k SOLD still on the road..
    1992 Miata Unofficial SE 76k
    1991 Mercury Capri XR2 101k
    1972 Monte Carlo

Comment

CR plays a part of how efficient an engine is.
      88 GT - DD
      88 GTX - whore

Comment

This is my 323 gt 1988.... 280 WHP ... with a full Megasquirt, gt28rs turbocharger @ 20 psi .. little bit crazy to drive
        1/4 mile -------------- 12.5 sec @ 111 Mph
        323 gt hatchback 1.6 turbo 1988

Comment

1/4 mile -------------- 12.5 sec @ 111 Mph
          323 gt hatchback 1.6 turbo 1988

Comment

Originally posted by 323gtturbo View Post

This is my 323 gt 1988.... 280 WHP ... with a full Megasquirt, gt28rs turbocharger @ 20 psi .. little bit crazy to drive
            Love the setup. That is a nice power figure if you are making that amount of power with the stock internals.

What other modification have you other from the Megasquirt, gt28rs turbocharger & ignition conversion?

Where did you get the pair of clear indicator lamps & clear corner lamps to purchase from?
            Last edited by mazkam; 02-17-2011, 07:35 AM.

Comment

323GtTurbo, could you explain that ignition system?

Comment

Originally posted by kaputt 323 View Post
                323GtTurbo, could you explain that ignition system?
                I guess he can't explain it.....

Comment

Originally posted by LN323 View Post
                  I guess he can't explain it.....
                  I'm sure he can and will ...eventually, but if I had 280WHP (175HP per liter!) at my disposal, I wouldn't have any free time to be online either.

I like how the coils are mounted close to the plugs -allows for short and equal length cables. Does anyone know if this is the wasted-spark system?
                  Last edited by kaputt 323; 02-25-2011, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by E=MC^2 View Post
                    whoa whoa, My GT is pretty much stock and I am getting 22MPG with a mix of mostly city driving.

I thought my MPG's sucked so I searched it and this thread came up.. My miata gets around 30-35 with me doing donuts and being an lead foot. I baby the GT in the city but I get 22.... Something is wrong..
                    My Mazda owner's instruction booklet states that a dirty air filter and/or low tire pressure can negative effects on mileage.

Comment

Yeah it looks like a waste spark setup. I think its miata coils and cam angle sensor.
                      12 cbr250r: daily ride
                      01 saab 9-3: daily
                      98 gsxr 1100: for sale
                      93L: money pit/ space waster
                      92GL: low and slow beater
                      90?: the rust free shell
                      89LX: swapping to rust free shell
                      89L: for sale
                      89L: parts
                      87 conquest: dohc 4g64 swap underway
                      76+80 vw dashers: for sale

Comment

I was getting as much as 28mpg highway before I did the turbo swap. I seem to have dropped a little lately, but I don't really have a fair comparison yet. I need to take a good long trip on one of my regular routes (like to my relative's place) to fairly compare. I was hoping that the different turbo would get me better gas mileage. Wonder what I was thinking? LOL

Comment

BTW, love the paint job on the valve cover. Somebody really put some time and elbow grease into that.

Comment

I happened across an 88 GT build date 8/87 today. I am trying to bring it home from the clutches of the crusher. I will update as it unfolds. This car is 99% complete, no rust and straight as an arrow with a clean interior.
                            Clay

Comment

Cancel that....not so straight. I f any one neds any thing from it LMK.
                              Clay

Comment

'88 323GT, original NY state car (heavy rust). But complete $250 off ebay.

Flew out, sent parts, had it running in 4 hours, had it back from tires, exhaust, and brake bleed in another 3. Drove it 1,352 miles home to Dallas not a hitch, 32mpg.

Got home, threw the aftermarket undercarriage parts book at it:
                                tokico struts, H&R springs, Pedder's everything, CS lines, Galant brakes front, full custom rear control arm/trailing arm poly bushings, Addco Front & Rear sway bars, Pacesetter shifter, custom moded linkage, custom lower front tray.

then Turbo let go and 188K engine was tired. So in went a fully built B6T filled with wiseco, paulter, ARP everything, P-n-P head, Exhaust mani, Intake Mani, and TB, MX6 I/C, custom air intake, Reich ECU, MBC, civic rad. And still has cold A/C.

edit: forgot exhaust in NY... Full 2.5" down pipe, cat, Magnaflow 4" reasonator, Magnaflow 4"x10" oval muffler... long 2.5" tail pipe out in the stock location.

edit 2: Fully built G-type trans with Phantom Grip Diff and Cryo'ed 85% of the guts.

Trying to buy an '87 sedan off ebay 50 miles from home for body parts to start cosmetics finally. Car hasn't been on the road since mid 2009.

Rob
                                Last edited by TX323GT; 07-24-2011, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X