Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1996 MX-3 RS... soon to have MY BP! (X to 56k)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shades View Post

So I'm back to taking it slow and getting it right.
    You will thank yourself for that later.

Comment

Alright I've been so busy with school, I haven't even had time to finish my head... but plan to do some work this week.

I've also decided to wait till the Spring to drop the engine in... that give me more than enough time to get everything else ready like the suspension.

I ordered my window visors and flexible urethane to fill my engine mounts (60A hardness).

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
      Member of MX-3.com
      1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
      1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

Alright I've been so busy with school, I haven't even had time to finish my head... but plan to do some work this week.

I've also decided to wait till the Spring to drop the engine in... that give me more than enough time to get everything else ready like the suspension.

I ordered my window visors and flexible urethane to fill my engine mounts (60A hardness).
        What's the plan for the suspension?

Comment

Originally posted by Jho View Post
          What's the plan for the suspension?
          I've got those Mazdaspeed adjustable struts, which I'm gonna throw H&R springs on. Then I got SRD bushing all around...

Oh yeah also doing the rear wheel disc brake conversion too.

It's gonna be a new car on an old frame and body.

Member of MX-3.com

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

Comment

I've got those Mazdaspeed adjustable struts, which I'm gonna throw H&R springs on. Then I got SRD bushing all around...

Oh yeah also doing the rear wheel disc brake conversion too.

It's gonna be a new car on an old frame and body.
            Very nice.

Comment

OK, I have some advice...

I'm going to order a pillar pod for my gauges. Now they come in 2 and 3 gauges... but the only thing is that the 3 is for the auto seatbelts and I don't have auto seatbelts.

Oh yeah I'm getting 4 gauges... so maybe it would be wiser to have 2 in the pillar and 2 down?

Member of MX-3.com

Comment

i think that would look pretty nice with 2 on the pillar and 2 in the dash
                In the Garage
                Black 93 MX-3 GS
                Bp powered
                GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
                MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

Where would you put the other two?

Comment

I have a slot the same size as a car deck, underneath the car deck... right now I have coupons and junk in it. I'll get some plexiglass or plastic cut to fit there and mount them there.

I think I can fit 3 gauges there if need be.

Starting to collect more parts for the big overhaul... Spring is the date... prolly March/April.

I polished one port in my head last week, the intake, and holy crap is it shiny... like wow, I didn't think it would come out that good. I need more felt bob as the exhaust port chewed up what I had... good think they're cheap.

I'll try and grab some pictures this week... but school sucks.

Member of MX-3.com

Comment

any updates??
                      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

None so far... sorry! Such a busy time of the year...

Ended school on the 22nd of December... then it was Christmas, and then renovating my buddies appartment (new kitchen, hardwood floor, painting and crown moulding)... and now New Years.

Come the New Year everything will be quiet and I can finish polishing my head...
                        Last edited by Shades; 12-30-2006, 12:11 PM.

Member of MX-3.com

Comment

None so far... sorry! Such a busy time of the year...

Ended school on the 22nd of December... then it was Christmas, and then renovating my buddies appartment (new kitchen, hardwood floor, painting and crown moulding)... and now New Years.

Come the New Year everything will be quiet and I can finish polishing my head...
                          sweet. definetly keep us posted.
                          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Just thought I'd throw up some pictures... yay for pictures!

Partially polished valve cover... then to power coat!

Polished cylinder... no guides yet.

This is what $850 looks like...

More pictures here...
                            Last edited by Turpro; 10-07-2008, 07:19 PM.

Member of MX-3.com

Comment

very nice.
                              The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

wow. very nice.
                                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Working...
                                X