Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1996 MX-3 RS... soon to have MY BP! (X to 56k)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my gf lives in canada and i live in the states and she is actually south of me and has a lil less snow than i do
    In the Garage
    Black 93 MX-3 GS
    Bp powered
    GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
    MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

Neat... how's the long distance relationship work?... and how'd you meet?

Yeah it hasn't snowed or rained for probably a week now *knock on wood*... just keep it like that for a couple more days so I can bomb around the city!
      Last edited by Shades; 12-24-2009, 09:11 AM.

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
      Member of MX-3.com
      1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
      1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

its all about eharmony man lol

take a few vids before you put her up for the winter!
        In the Garage
        Black 93 MX-3 GS
        Bp powered
        GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
        MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

nice engine work! i cant wait to build mine!

no offense but im really bummed on your quarter mile time.. that setup should be close to 400 whp on 25 psi with all that headwork and such. i dont see why the car isnt in the 11's for sure. my buddy ran 11.6 at like 120 in his nx 2000 with 350 whp and they weigh about the same. something is wrong for sure.. have you done a compression test just to make sure nothing is wrong? hope it all gets figured out.

very nice setup though. you have inspired me to wanna learn how to port heads lol.
          festiva #1 stock daily 63 whp FTW

festiva #2 bp+t, sink trap style turbo setup, g series trans, thunderturd 60 trim, 550cc's, s-afc, rx7 vaf, 38mm external wastegate, fmic, etc.... let me know how the taillights look

Comment

i just read all 41 pages awesome build

Comment

Thanks! She's put away for the winter... have to rebuild my spare tranny with that new LSD ready for drop-in in spring.

Member of MX-3.com

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

Comment

It's time POISONED GIRLS!... I'm gonna make love to her all weekend. You might here me scream ZooM ZooM PssssH!

Member of MX-3.com

Comment

muawahahahaha
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by psiturbo View Post

And this last one here is his video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ze4t...rom=PL&index=2
                    dam this video makes me miss my protege =[
                    sigpic

Comment

Looking good! I wish I had the patience to build something like this.

Comment

Shades did you dyno her yet?
                        Block is almost done, cylinders are overboard for Weisco pistons, pro gram billet main caps have been line bored, and my chinese EDT rods have been machined to right specs. Everything has been balanced.

Comment

Originally posted by svtfast View Post
                          Shades did you dyno her yet?
                          No, I couldn't get her through emissions because my injectors are waaaaay too huge, even tho my A/F's are spot on.

So I'm in the process of rebuilding my spare tranny with that M-Factory LSD and also gonna get a ATI dampener to replace the UR Underdrive pulley, which I am scared that it'll blow my oil pump some day.

Member of MX-3.com

Comment

Wow I stumbled across this thread after looking for info on BP's, I just bought one to fit in my Ford Laser as an upgrade from the B6 that is in it already, and I must say, your attention to detail and work you put in is inspiring, hahaha I feel like I have so much more to do for my project now, but hey, thats alright, isnt it?

Comment

Haha, do the best you can and you won't be disappointed!

Gonna drop the motor and tranny out sometime soon, damn weddings every weekend get in the way, and then swapping out my tranny and getting rid of the underdrive pulley and installing a ATI super dampener with a 60-2 trigger wheel... throwing more money at it.

Lets hope I haven't damaged the oil pump already.

Member of MX-3.com

Comment

It goes something like this... $800 later:

More Pictures...

Member of MX-3.com

Comment

Working...
                                X