No announcement yet.

1995 MX-3 RS turbo (BP) 56K BEWARE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, waiting for a quote to get the pipes replaced.

When the wife tells me to order the manifold, I didn't wait for her to change her mind. I think it took me about 30 seconds to call Derrick at Corksport and have it ordered.

Shop 506-577-6708
    cell 506-381-3503
    email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

Well my HLA and frost plugs are finally here and will be dropped off tomorrow at R&D and hopefully I will get the engine home next week.

My GTR intake manifold is now in BC clearing customs. I figure it should be here around the same time I get the enigne back.

No work on the car yet this week because I am still making room for it in the garage and insullating the place before I put the car in again.

Shop 506-577-6708
      cell 506-381-3503
      email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

insulated garages really help in tis weather.... is your garage door also insulated??
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Yup, it is insulated. I also built a wall around the stairs going to the second floor so I can just shut the door and all the heat downstairs will stay there and the cold air upstairs won't come visit me.

Shop 506-577-6708
          cell 506-381-3503
          email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

Well I got something from the mailman today. Finally got my GTR intake from Corksport.

Also, I picked up the engine yesturday from R&D Performance and took it home. These pics are of the engine before I paint the block. I am waiting for a engine lift and that is why it is sitting on the tire and strapped to a bench so it won't tip over.

I will take pics after the engine is painted and make some progress.

Jeff

Shop 506-577-6708
            cell 506-381-3503
            email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

Getting sooooooo close
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

GTR mani= OOOOOOOOOOO shiny!!!! Daddy likey
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Well, today I decided to paint the block. I used Dupli-Color Engine Enamel with Ceramic and it was an Aluminum color. It looks good, but I am still up in the air as to if I like it or not. Here are some pics and let me know what you think.

I forgot to paint the black guard behind the cam gears so I will have to mask everything off and paint it black after I get rid of the surface rust.

I hope to have the exhaust mani, turbo, oil lines and a couple other things back on it this weekend.

Shop 506-577-6708
                  cell 506-381-3503
                  email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

looks fine to me black would have been my choice

Comment

Originally posted by smoke187 View Post
                      looks fine to me black would have been my choice
                      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I more for the black too. That silver will show all kinds of dirt and grime kicked up from the road were as the black with a clear coat looks much cleaner.
                        Mx3 RS,BP-turbo
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2628805

Comment

^^^black is better well for me ....
                          sigpic
                          R.I.P 93 Mazda 1.8 Turbo
                          now BP26(GTX) on a 91mazda323 381whp @18psi with microtech lt8..
                          91 mazda 323 v6 klde

Comment

pink block!!!! haha

JACK.
                            -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

ya but silver block makes for finding the damn oil leaks much easier

Comment

Originally posted by viper_707 View Post
                                ya but silver block makes for finding the damn oil leaks much easier
                                That is what I was thinking and besides, how much of the block is going to be visible after everything is in.

Shop 506-577-6708
                                cell 506-381-3503
                                email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

Working...
                                X