1995 MX-3 RS turbo (BP) 56K BEWARE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mx3optidrive View Post
    That is what I was thinking and besides, how much of the block is going to be visible after everything is in.
    Much more with it painted silver then black.
    Mx3 RS,BP-turbo
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2628805

Comment

well i personally like the silver over the black, but that could be cuz my is also silver. looks good!
      Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

silver will stain with oil leaks
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I am hoping that there won't be any oil leaks. That is my goal and like I said, you won't see much of the block after everything is on the motor and it is in the car.

Shop 506-577-6708
          cell 506-381-3503
          email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

I decided to stick with the silver on the block. I didn't do much lately, just put on the GTR intake, turbo mani and turbo along with the oil line in the block.

My couplers came in yesturday and I am ordering my catchcan too. I am also getting a fuel rail built by wht95scort.

I ran into a problem with my injectors. Seems that injectors made for Honda's will not fit our motors because the tip that goes into the motor is too big. So I wasn't sure what I was going to do because I received the Honda ones and it was so long ago, I didn't think I would be able to exchange them. I called Precisionturbo.net to see what we could do and they were a great help. I am now exchanging my 780cc Honda injectors for a set of 680cc injectors with the right tip that will fit the motor and they should be better for idle.

On with the pics.

Shop 506-577-6708
            cell 506-381-3503
            email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

I love how clean it is...until you see the dust on the valve cover and rust on the cam gear backing plate. pretty awesome looking none the less though.
              No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

I am going to fix the backing plate and it will be black again.

The valve cover is going to get powdercoated but I have to wait until the i/c piping is mocked up and welded because they will be going to the powdercoated at the same time.

Thanks for the comments.

Shop 506-577-6708
                cell 506-381-3503
                email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

If you've ever seen pics of the interior of this car, you'l understand that pride is taken. i have no doubt it will look superb in the end, its always a struggle getting there tho.
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Nothing really to update so far. I am slowly working on getting my new brake lines, calipers, rotors and fuel pump in. I also had to send back my Precision injectors because the place I bought them from sent me the wrong ones, so Precision actually took them back and swapped them for the right ones. I would recommend them to anyone because of their customer service. .

I did get my 4-ply couplers and t-clamps yesturday and ordered my catchcan. I am going to take out my tranny again and clean it and then I will install the clutch and mate the tranny to the motor and drop it all in as one unit after I put in the GS front K member brace.

I will post pics when I get the injectors and fuelrail and let you all know where I stand then.

Thanks for the comments.

Jeff

Shop 506-577-6708
                    cell 506-381-3503
                    email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

what silver block? lol nice terbow!
                      Originally posted by 90prtege
                      have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
                      Originally posted by Turpro
                      Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
                      CRZbrussian: that sux
                      CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
                      CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

just by looking at the pic's of the manifold it looks like you would have to use a honda rad in a protege or egt to use that manifold

Comment

I am using a honda rad in my mx-3 just so I will have more room between the turbo and rad. I would say you would definitely need the honda half rad for the pro or egt.

Shop 506-577-6708
                          cell 506-381-3503
                          email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

Well I am off to Cuba for a week for vacation. I will hopefully have an update in a couple weeks.

Shop 506-577-6708
                            cell 506-381-3503
                            email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

Have fun
                              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

and when ya get back tell me where you can get some of those parts here in Nova Scotia... I live in Amherst and am starting a build like yours except i'm putting the engine in a 1998 Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X