Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

Thats it! This means War! everyone please read!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Dima the name of the New Service manager at Marlin is Johnny Purdue, he's pretty cool, but I think he tries to be slick sometimes, but I bought my PR5 at Marlin and I haven't had a problem with them really, other than the parts dept. screwing up my order for the roof rack covers. And speaking of that, it doesn't seem they drop right into place, they kinda si tout of place, did you have that problem, I'm thinking that I might have to get an adhesive to try and get them to stick in place and not look so tacky. But Marlin Mazda is pretty cool, I almost got a job there as a sales man, but I turned the job down cause I only wanted a part time job. But look into the discount thing his number is (305)653-4800.
    Dean

No Pro, No go! Damn it man!!

Comment

that's cool. i got my car at marlin. they were the only one that had a yellow one and accepted s-plan on it too. yeah, i should talk to him, see if he hooks the club up. their service department is ok, they were the only shop that work on my car with underbody neons, everybody else refused. and when they did crack them, they paid to replace them. parts is ok, they know my face and they always try to help me if i have a problem or looking for something. i just realized something, are you sure the new manager is johny purdue? it used to be a young guy with a 5.0, he always hooked me up, then he left and there was another guy but not purdue. maybe he is the new new manager. johny purdue knows me and my car. but i agree, he does try to be slick and all that.

btw, don't put any adhesive or force your covers if they don't fit. i don't want you ruining them since you won't be able to return them. give me a call and come see me at my house today. we'll figure it out. i didn't have a problem with mine at all.
      <B>Dima</B>
      Intense Performance
      South Florida Mazda Club

<a href="http://www.ipmcsfl.com">http://www.ipmcsfl.com</a>

http://streamlounge.blogspot.com/

2002 Protege5 2.0L Zoom Car
      1987 Mustang 2.3Lx Pony Car

"Never **** with Mother Nature,
      Mother Law and Mother Phreaking
      Ukrainians" - Skinny Pete - 'Italian Job'

"Скорость ето страсть...Скорость ето жизнь..." - Мираж

Comment

Jesse,

why don't you try being nice for a change. It is well known that you know your ****. You are one of the most knowledgeable people I have ever met in the car scene. Keep in mind that most Americans buy into the marketing crap that is force fed to us and take things at face value. Why don't YOU grow up and start letting your personality carry as much weight as your knowledge. You would be an even larger asset to the community than you already are.
        Last edited by GotBoost; 04-14-2004, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
          Dude, you have a REGULAR protege with a bodykit and bolt-on turbo kit. Get over it. hahhaha....

you forgot the tokico's, racing beat springs, sway bars, and the LSD and better than average while still not great kenwood stereo system. LOL

Comment

damnit Rich dont make me open up a can of whoopp azzzz. :p Jesse is Jesse that is how he is. Take him with a large grain of salt. Hes not deliberatley being angry or mean. Thats how he is. He wasnt looking to insult anyone. I know him and at times I cant tell when hes really trying to be an asshole.
            Sagaris

Comment

Originally posted by Protege Menace
              you guys, jesse is right
              jesse is right. a "mazdaspeed certified" mechanic at most might have watched a video from mazda on turbos. when you take your mazdaspeed in, you will get the same mechanic like the miata, tribute and rx8 guy unless MAYBE there is really something wrong with the car.

but he can be NICER about it. like rich says, he knows his stuff so instead of putting people down, you can educate them. agent orange is learning and so should you jesse.
              <B>Dima</B>
              Intense Performance
              South Florida Mazda Club

Comment

Originally posted by Motegi
                damnit Rich dont make me open up a can of whoopp azzzz. :p Jesse is Jesse that is how he is. Take him with a large grain of salt. Hes not deliberatley being angry or mean. Thats how he is. He wasnt looking to insult anyone. I know him and at times I cant tell when hes really trying to be an asshole.
                Sorry Joe, I live with Joe though and he was upset to put it mildly. He is brand new to the whole car thing, has no idea how corporations work and felt very insulted. And we all know Jesse was right. Joe even said it.

Comment

Several things to say...

First of all, I believe that the Mazdaspeed mechanic down here (maybe the one at Gunther) is not just some goon who watched a video, but is one of the top Mazdaspeed mechanics in the country (as was previously stated) & actually attended some big training thing just to learn how to work on the Mazdaspeed.

There are enough unique parts on the MSP that I won't let the dealership work on it unless they have a Mazdaspeed tech who is very knowledgeable, not just any mechanic who knows about cars. Those of you without MSPs might not understand this, but most MSP owners I know feel the same way. I don't mean to be an ass, but if you don't have one, don't tell us we're stupid for feeling that way.

Rich: Was Gunther the place you recommended for service? If so, this is bad because I have about 4 or 5 things I need done in the next few weeks. What do I do now?
                  Ryan

Thinking of getting an MSP?...check out the PROS & CONS
                  Want an IC sprayer for your MSP?...make your own for under $10

Forge Motorsport
                  42 Draft Designs

Comment

yes it is gunther, but they will still service proteges. they have turned down the rights for the miata. get it in there soon just to be safe though.

Comment

Understandable. Id be upset too, but getting mad over the situation isnt going to solve the problems
                      Sagaris

Comment

Originally posted by Black Majik MSP
                        Several things to say...

First of all, I believe that the Mazdaspeed mechanic down here (maybe the one at Gunther) is not just some goon who watched a video, but is one of the top Mazdaspeed mechanics in the country (as was previously stated) & actually attended some big training thing just to learn how to work on the Mazdaspeed.

There are enough unique parts on the MSP that I won't let the dealership work on it unless they have a Mazdaspeed tech who is very knowledgeable, not just any mechanic who knows about cars. Those of you without MSPs might not understand this, but most MSP owners I know feel the same way. I don't mean to be an ass, but if you don't have one, don't tell us we're stupid for feeling that way.

first, i really doubt that he is one of the top in the country.
                        but i understand what you are saying, you want the best for your car, there is nothing wrong with that. i wouldn't want some moron working on my car either. and its not stupid for expecting and wanting a better mechanic, one that is hopefully certified, to work on a mazdaspeed.

the question i razed was whether the mazdaspeed mechanic is there all the time, from the opening to the closing of the shop? i am pretty sure when you bring your car in for service they will get anybody, who's ever available, to work on your car.

maybe we should do an experiment. we'll take somebody's msp in the club and take it to gunther for whatever service even an oil change. don't say you want a mazdaspeed tech. let them take it and we'll ask the guy that starts working on it whether he is msp certified.

so once again, there is nothing wrong in wanting the best and you guys are justified in wanting an msp tech. jesse just needs to check his attitude or is personality at the login screen.
                        i think that can of whoop ass has been opened
                        <B>Dima</B>
                        Intense Performance
                        South Florida Mazda Club

Comment

Originally posted by GotBoost
                          yes it is gunther, but they will still service proteges. they have turned down the rights for the miata. get it in there soon just to be safe though.
                          btw, i am pretty sure that most of the mazda dealers around here are msp certified. ryan, just call ahead and ask if they have an msp tech on duty.
                          <B>Dima</B>
                          Intense Performance
                          South Florida Mazda Club

Comment

Originally posted by YellowMP5

the question i razed was whether the mazdaspeed mechanic is there all the time, from the opening to the closing of the shop? i am pretty sure when you bring your car in for service they will get anybody, who's ever available, to work on your car.)
                            yes he is there all day. in fact we can only take MSP's in m-f because of his work schedule. I've gone on a saturday and was asked to return monday when the MS certified mechanic was there and when mike yonak was there. he is the service writer that handles all of the speeds. the reason I like gunther is mike does not care about "MINOR" mods like intake and exhaust.

Comment

Jesse just needs some hot lovin!
                              Sagaris

Comment

Originally posted by Motegi
                                Understandable. Id be upset too, but getting mad over the situation isnt going to solve the problems
                                I'm not mad at jesse, never was. he asked joe to grow up so I asked him to do the same. no harm meant. I even complimented his knowledge. whatever. whats done is done. lets let this thing die.

Comment

Working...
                                X