Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

Thats it! This means War! everyone please read!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black Majik MSP
    Several things to say...
    There are enough unique parts on the MSP that I won't let the dealership work on it unless they have a Mazdaspeed tech who is very knowledgeable, not just any mechanic who knows about cars. Those of you without MSPs might not understand this, but most MSP owners I know feel the same way. I don't mean to be an ass, but if you don't have one, don't tell us we're stupid for feeling that way.

Ok, since apparently some of you guys are new...

cars are made of the same stuff. The Mazdaspeed has a SIMPLE, mechanically controled, bolt-on turbo kit. The suspension is different you say? Yeah, the bent steel pipes, known as sway bars are larger, and the wound steel wire, known as springs are slightly different. The struts have different washers inside, and possibly a different weight oil. They all work the same though.

The Torsen diff is unique for a Protege. However, it's the same basic design that's in the miata and RX-8. Nothing special about it. And anyway, in the VAST VAST majority of warranty cases, they aren't even going to think about tearing it down. They're simply going to order a new one from Mazda.

The Stereo is different? You don't need special training to work on a car stereo. It's basic electrical circuts, nothing unique.

The steering rack is different? Maybe, but it's still the same basic design.

The seats are different? Again....how does this matter to anything?

There's nothing special, unique, hard to work on, about a MSP. I don't have to own one to know this or not. It's a car. It's made of steel, glass, rubber, and plastic just like every other car you see on the road today. Everyone wants the best for their car, but this whole, "specialized mazdaspeed training" thing is a bunch of BS so that you don't get your panties in a wad when you goto the dealership and it gives you a warm & fuzzy feeling.
    "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
    -93 MR2, 129 ES
    ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
    Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by Motegi
      Jesse just needs some hot lovin!
      is that an offer? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays

cars are made of the same stuff. The Mazdaspeed has a SIMPLE, mechanically controled, bolt-on turbo kit. The suspension is different you say? Yeah, the bent steel pipes, known as sway bars are larger, and the wound steel wire, known as springs are slightly different. The struts have different washers inside, and possibly a different weight oil. They all work the same though.

The Torsen diff is unique for a Protege. However, it's the same basic design that's in the miata and RX-8. Nothing special about it. And anyway, in the VAST VAST majority of warranty cases, they aren't even going to think about tearing it down. They're simply going to order a new one from Mazda.

The Stereo is different? You don't need special training to work on a car stereo. It's basic electrical circuts, nothing unique.

There's nothing special, unique, hard to work on, about a MSP. I don't have to own one to know this or not. It's a car. It's made of steel, glass, rubber, and plastic just like every other car you see on the road today. Everyone wants the best for their car, but this whole, "specialized mazdaspeed training" thing is a bunch of BS so that you don't get your panties in a wad when you goto the dealership and it gives you a warm & fuzzy feeling.
        now that's what I'm talking about. well put and informative. btw I was joking about the whole tokico's-stereo thing, hence the LOL after it.

Comment

once again i agree with everything that was said above, with jesse, and i stand corrected about the tech at gunther rich (re when he is there). i think we are all on the same page but we want to turn it from different sides
          now that we all pretty much aggree with each other, lets all calm down, damn it
          lol
          <B>Dima</B>
          Intense Performance
          South Florida Mazda Club

<a href="http://www.ipmcsfl.com">http://www.ipmcsfl.com</a>

http://streamlounge.blogspot.com/

2002 Protege5 2.0L Zoom Car
          1987 Mustang 2.3Lx Pony Car

"Never **** with Mother Nature,
          Mother Law and Mother Phreaking
          Ukrainians" - Skinny Pete - 'Italian Job'

"Скорость ето страсть...Скорость ето жизнь..." - Мираж

Comment

Originally posted by YellowMP5
            once again i agree with everything that was said above, with jesse, and i stand corrected about the tech at gunther rich (re when he is there). i think we are all on the same page but we want to turn it from different sides
            now that we all pretty much aggree with each other, lets all calm down, damn it
            lol
            Damn Joe for putting "This means War" in the title. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by GotBoost
              I'm not mad at jesse, never was. he asked joe to grow up so I asked him to do the same. no harm meant. I even complimented his knowledge. whatever. whats done is done. lets let this thing die.
              I wasnt referring to Jesses assholishness. I was talking about the fact that Mazda would no longer be servicing MSP's. :p
              Sagaris

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays

Blah blah blah...it's great you know so much about my car. The point is, the car is different, the problems it has are uniquely different & therefore the training should be different.
                Ryan

Thinking of getting an MSP?...check out the PROS & CONS
                Want an IC sprayer for your MSP?...make your own for under $10

Forge Motorsport
                42 Draft Designs

Comment

Originally posted by Black Majik MSP
                  Blah blah blah...it's great you know so much about my car. The point is, the car is different, the problems it has are uniquely different & therefore the training should be different.
                  how are your problems uniquely different?

I would say that the techs working on RX-8s if anything need specialized training.

do you even understand that there is no specialized training for working at dealership?
                  "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                  -93 MR2, 129 ES
                  ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                  Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Lets put this behind us. Yes the techs who service mazdaspeeds have to go to school to learn about the ms proteges. That is part of the reason why its so expensive for the dealerships to sell them. They have to pay for the training, and the right to sell their parts and the cars themselves, then they have to sell so many a year to remain a MS dealer.
                    Our techs here at the Nissan dealership I work for must attend training from Nissan to remain a tech at the dealership. So NO you arent required to have special training to be hired as a tech @ a dealership, but you are required to learn if you want to remain. Its a standard that nissan sets. I know it is also a standard that Mazda and Hyundai have as well. Technicians have to go to school to become familiar with the new systems and programs that come on the newer vehicles. Its not just swap a part and on down the road you go. Most everything is computer integrated and the techs have to understand how it works, if they want to fix the problem right and better serve the customer.

Now drop the damned subject. Its too stupid to continue to argue over.

Im not trying to be a bitch
                    Sagaris

Comment

easy way to have the subject dropped. thread closed

Comment

Originally posted by GotBoost
                        easy way to have the subject dropped. thread closed
                        always taking the easy way out arent we Rich?
                        Sagaris

Comment

I agree with Jesse.....who gives a f**k if you own a holy "mazdaspeed protege". it is still a protege, and all of the parts are essentially identical. I highly doubt the "special training" the MSP techs receive is very involved. It probably involves them getting a MSP shop manual and maybe attending a seminar where they show them underneath of the car. Nothing major enough to warrant your constant whining about your dealer no longer having "special certified MS mecahnics" on hand.

It is like saying "my swaybar squeak is unique to my MSP so I MUST see a MS mechanic to get it fixed!!". **** like this is retarded....a swaybar endlink is a swaybar endlink. THe only thing that would warrant "special training" on a MSP would be things like the LSD and turbo system (which IS very simple like jesse said). That is IT! the brakes, suspension components, interior, exterior is all the same as a Protege ES.

And your n00bness to cars is apparent when you act as though you actually "trust" dealership mechanics to fix your car properly...in most cases dealerships rape you harder than any mechanic on the face of the planet.

Sure they fix your car for free under warranty if an issue arises, but how do they fix it? they just replace the part. Thats all dealerships do, replace replace replace til its fixed. once your warranty runs out, if you take it in for a problem, you'll be billed ridiuclous amounts of money b/c of all the bull**** they replaced instead of them fixing your existing parts.
                          93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                          02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                          05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

i thought we all got over this allready... but i guess everybody wants to put in their 2 cents and have the last word.

hey lookie, my post is the last one right now
                            lol, lmao.
                            <B>Dima</B>
                            Intense Performance
                            South Florida Mazda Club

<a href="http://www.ipmcsfl.com">http://www.ipmcsfl.com</a>

http://streamlounge.blogspot.com/

2002 Protege5 2.0L Zoom Car
                            1987 Mustang 2.3Lx Pony Car

"Never **** with Mother Nature,
                            Mother Law and Mother Phreaking
                            Ukrainians" - Skinny Pete - 'Italian Job'

"Скорость ето страсть...Скорость ето жизнь..." - Мираж

Comment

Originally posted by Gro Harlem
                              And your n00bness to cars is apparent when you act as though you actually "trust" dealership mechanics to fix your car properly...in most cases dealerships rape you harder than any mechanic on the face of the planet.

Sure they fix your car for free under warranty if an issue arises, but how do they fix it? they just replace the part. Thats all dealerships do, replace replace replace til its fixed. once your warranty runs out, if you take it in for a problem, you'll be billed ridiuclous amounts of money b/c of all the bull**** they replaced instead of them fixing your existing parts.
                              Now I'm a car noob because all of my dealership experiences with this car have been great & I'm not a paranoid schizo? Any serious modder can tell you that instead of getting the dealer to fix it, you replace the part yourself with an aftermarket product. The dealer is just there as a backup because most people take several years to replace most of the stuff on their cars. If they're replacing something over & over like you said, the car is a lemon & you should be getting Mazda to buy it back.
                              Ryan

Thinking of getting an MSP?...check out the PROS & CONS
                              Want an IC sprayer for your MSP?...make your own for under $10

Forge Motorsport
                              42 Draft Designs

Comment

Now I can seriously see where everyone is getting at with this but when ppl are just basically looking for general information I don't htink any feed back should involve profanity, I'm not an angel myself, but that's how more serious arguments begin. It's cool that you guys are just trying to prove a point and what not, but don't you think we can end all of this endless bickering now???? I mean c'mon seriously, you learn and you move on, call it a day. But as for a co-administrator you of all people should know that all of this isn't necesarry especially the profanity. So lets just be all adults here and drop this topic. We've all gotten our points across and everyone has their own opinions. Lets just leave it at that.
                                Dean

No Pro, No go! Damn it man!!

Comment

Working...
                                X