Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

Thats it! This means War! everyone please read!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more like my office mauahahhahaha

thankfully no one's in the office anymore, LET 'ER RIP!!!!

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

Damn bro i can smell that from here. N that was a damn good write up Jesse.
      Eric Johnson
      Intense Performance
      Mazda Club of South Florida
      http://www.ipmcsfl.com
      Former President/Webmaster
      Member since 11/03

2002.5 Dark Titanium/Black Mica Protege5
      - Exterior: Custom Dark Titanium/Black Mica paint scheme, 2003 Mazdaspeed Protege front bumper cover, Skunk2 coilovers, 5% tint all around, black painted headlight housings, black billet aluminum shorty antenna, Yakima roof rack
      - Interior: Xenarc 700TSV 7" LCD display with touchscreen, black painted A/B/C pillars and gauge bezel, Mazdaspeed door sills, and Delphi SkyPhi XM Radio
      - Performance: Brembo cross drilled/slotted rotors, Red Samco silicon cooling hoses, Black Injen CAI, Greddy Evo2 Cat-back exhaust system, Progess 22mm rear sway bar, Racing Beat front sway bar, OBX Racing 4-1 header, Medieval front motor mount
      - Car Computer specs: Removed for now...
      Current project: None...

Comment

You guys don't seem to understand....... his car is "special" and that list Jesse wrote doesn't apply here.......it's just for regular cars.....
        -------------------------
        '91 LX
        '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
        -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
        well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

isn't the point that to have service under warranty, your dealership has to be mazdaspeed certified? and doesn't being a mazdaspeed certified mechanic mean nothing more than the fact you've sat through an infomercial about the car, got the msp service manual, and you got a nifty t-shirt and hat to boot? i don't understand what the big friggin' deal is aside from the fact mazda won't accept warranty claims from any dealership/mechanic that hasn't sat through their boring lecture? anybody can understand the simple logistics of an msp, isn't it just mazda 'bull****' that places people into believing their car is a ferrarri? this is atypical of the car audio industry.. companies like JL, Rockford Fosgate, pheonix gold, alpine, etc.. 95% of the time, these companies do not authorize sales of their products on the internet. furthermore, retail outlets have a hard time getting authorization from the company's to sell their products. even then some, these companies will not allow customers to send their products in under warranty service if they do not have a proof of purchase (ie bill of sale) from one of these 'authorized' dealers. just because you get a JL amplifier on ebay, doesn't mean it's any less of an amplifier than what you find at a store, all it means is JL's warranties do not apply to your purchase. all manufacturer's/companies are like this, whether it be televisions, stereos, or automobiles.. what mazda offers with the msp, as proven by our anal retentive friend, is NOTHING difficult an ordinary mechanic cannot service, nor fix.
          peace

Comment

i think EVERYONE wants to have the last word in this thread.

oops i just did

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

no hank I did!
              Sagaris

Comment

1st time posting in this thread O.o
                Gray Mazda 3
                Red To Black 2 tone interior

*Dan*

Intense
                Performance
                South Florida Mazda Club

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
                  lol, didn't the rx7 have a twin turbo? not that it really matters, the rx7's rotary engine is FAR more complicated than your basic inline 4 that has a small turbo slapped on it. what about the super charged millenia? if the mechanics can work on those, then they are certainly knowledgable enough to work on your lowly msp as for suspension, it's all the same, aftermarket or stock, but since you brought it up, the mp3 came with "aftermarket" suspension. but unless you are getting into real coil overs like jic majic or tein, all suspension is the same. hell, i changed out my front springs in about 50 minutes in a hotel parking lot, by myself. and i'm no mechanic, i stick to car audio. take it apart sometime and you'll realize how simple it really is. the only thing that makes your car special is the rediculously high price you paid for it
                  I got mine for 18,900 out the door smart ass.
                  Ryan

Thinking of getting an MSP?...check out the PROS & CONS
                  Want an IC sprayer for your MSP?...make your own for under $10

Forge Motorsport
                  42 Draft Designs

Comment

midnight: I know it's OEM, but Tokico HPs & Racing Beat's stuff are still aftermarket parts. It's just like the Brembo stuff on Nissans...just because it's available as an OEM option through Nissan doesn't make mean that Brembo stuff isn't aftermarket.

Jesse: I know all about Mazda's history with turbo cars, but I am referring to cars that are or were recently in production (like post 2000). If you saw my previous post, you'd understand that I don't have an attitude at all about this & it's not an ego thing...I just want my car taken care of properly. I appreciate your informative posts & hold nothing against you.

Identity: You really need to quit being an ass & try reading the 1 post I directed to you.

Originally posted by Black Majik MSP
                    YOU are missing the point...everyone on this damn site seems to think that MSP owners think our cars are "godly". You couldn't be more wrong. My car is different & I want someone who has been trained to understand those differences working on it...it's that simple. There is no ego involved here.
                    I find it extremely ironic that you accuse me of having a godly attitude & do it again after I explain that I don't, all the while having Protege God under your avatar.
                    Last edited by Black Majik MSP; 04-23-2004, 04:56 PM.
                    Ryan

Thinking of getting an MSP?...check out the PROS & CONS
                    Want an IC sprayer for your MSP?...make your own for under $10

Forge Motorsport
                    42 Draft Designs

Comment

I got mine for 18,900 out the door smart ass.

and i could get a brand new regular sedan for $12k out the door, which leaves me with $6,900 to make it better than the msp. hmmm, aftermarket turbo with more boost and a more advanced control system, my choice in suspension, aftermarket lsd, new axles, new clutch, new fly wheel, and a system that would blow away the msp system? yeah, that's feasible, since i do my own work so i'd have a faster car, a better handling car, and a better sounding car for the same price?

even though some of the parts are "aftermarket", they are still the same type of components as a normal protege and require nothing special to work on them. that's the whole point that you don't seem to realize. and you did a horrible job of trying to dig out of the whole you are in by saying:

midnight:
                      Jesse: I know all about Mazda's history with turbo cars, but I am referring to cars that are or were recently in production (like post 2000).
                      you write that after your wrote this:

Tell me what other Mazda comes with a turbo or aftermarket suspension. That's right, the MAZDASPEED Miata. Mazdaspeeds ARE different.

try to grasp this, your car is special cause of the name and what it comes with. does that warrant the need for a "special" mechanic? hell no. mazda has produced plenty of cars that are far more advanced than yours. and yes you do have the same BS "i'm better than you cause i have a mazdaspeed" attitude (don't worry, i know i have an attitude, i'm a ****ing prick, but that's me, and i don't deny it)

Comment

For cryin out loud people, if you run my Ryan off so help you god!
                        Sagaris

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
                          and i could get a brand new regular sedan for $12k out the door, which leaves me with $6,900 to make it better than the msp. hmmm, aftermarket turbo with more boost and a more advanced control system, my choice in suspension, aftermarket lsd, new axles, new clutch, new fly wheel, and a system that would blow away the msp system? yeah, that's feasible, since i do my own work so i'd have a faster car, a better handling car, and a better sounding car for the same price?
                          and after you are done getting all of those things EVEN IF you do it all yourself, that 6900 won't even begin to cover power windows and door locks, different seats, different interior pieces, front bumper, rocker panels and all the other "little" things unique to msp. so the question becomes is a faster, better handling and better sounding car really better if its missing all the goodies that make the msp LOOK better.

why buy an BMW M3 or an EVO, buy a 3 series coupe or el cheapo lancer and hook it up. it will always cost more to hook it up yourself because auto manufacturers have something called an assembly line, i.e. makes it cheaper to build cars in bulk.

both sides made valid points, why not just settle on the fact that msp is slightly different and that is it. yes, springs are springs and turbos are turbos but they are different springs and turbos. and ryan is saying it would be good to have a mechanic who UNDERSTANDS those differences. just like it would be nice to have a parts person give you the belts for a 2.0L instead of a 1.6L when you ask for belts for a P5 (right rick?). engine is engine right? see rick, you should have put the 1.6 belts on instead of driving to my house to find out if they were correct or not (yes, i am being ironic). whats whe worst that could have happened, huh? this is the point, it would be nice to have a parts guy who understands a difference between a 1.6L and 2.0L just like it would be nice to know that if the mechanic decides to change a part on ryans msp, he would be smart enough to order a msp spring instead of the regular sedan or p5.

ok, who is next to have the "last" word, oh ****, my bagel burned up, all because of all of you arguing morons
                          <B>Dima</B>
                          Intense Performance
                          South Florida Mazda Club

<a href="http://www.ipmcsfl.com">http://www.ipmcsfl.com</a>

http://streamlounge.blogspot.com/

2002 Protege5 2.0L Zoom Car
                          1987 Mustang 2.3Lx Pony Car

"Never **** with Mother Nature,
                          Mother Law and Mother Phreaking
                          Ukrainians" - Skinny Pete - 'Italian Job'

"Скорость ето страсть...Скорость ето жизнь..." - Мираж

Comment

this is just ridicolous, its like arguing whether the red or the blue protege looks better. you have a red, be happy, you have a blue, good for you.
                            <B>Dima</B>
                            Intense Performance
                            South Florida Mazda Club

Comment

Originally posted by YellowMP5
                              this is just ridicolous, its like arguing whether the red or the blue protege looks better. you have a red, be happy, you have a blue, good for you.
                              this is why I HAD closed the thread, so it would die, Oh well.

Is the MSP special? Mechanically, NO!!! this is coming from an MSP owner. So get off your high horse saying that MSP owners have god complexes. This thread has gone so astray. the initial concer was that a dealership that is 5 mins form Agent Orange and I would no longer service "ANY" Mazdaspeed cars. He was incorectly told that the nearest place for service would be Orlando. That was the concern. A 3 hour trip for service. As it turns out they will still service the Protege's, just not any future mazdaspeed products. Now let this thread die. I'd close it but that doesn't seem to work.

Comment

Originally posted by GotBoost
                                this is why I HAD closed the thread, so it would die, Oh well.

right, and it should have been kept closed. but it appears that one of the site administrators reopened it, WHY?

this thread was over with Joe's post of 4/13 at 12:14am.
                                but unfortunately it all went downhill with JesseSays' post same day at 8:19pm

we are doomed, doomed i am telling ya.
                                <B>Dima</B>
                                Intense Performance
                                South Florida Mazda Club

Comment

Working...
                                X