American Muscle vs Japanese Technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asylum24
    this is gonna sound racist but kind of like black people have their cars with the leather and chrome and stuff.... again not trying to be racist just thats the best way i can put it right now cuz im tired
    You just won the "dumbest comment of the day award".

ahhh we still love you... and ur bodykit
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
      I think it was 11's, and yes, something like 5 trannies burned out. But I'm not saying that's the most desirable setup, just that it can be done and that's impressive. I would much rather have a medium size v6 (say a BMW, Subaru, or Nissan type)that was tuned right, because the whole setup is designed to handle that much power but it's a lot more efficient than the camaro.
      I thought M3s were I6s, Subarus are boxers, and Nissans are actually V6s
      U have smoked ur self retarded

Comment

owned by the clone wars!
        Dan
        dreesemonkey

Comment

awsome i won an award and im loved and bruce i htought you hated the erebuni kit... thought u just liked the jspec one

Comment

I think it was 11's, and yes, something like 5 trannies burned out. But I'm not saying that's the most desirable setup, just that it can be done and that's impressive. I would much rather have a medium size v6 (say a BMW, Subaru, or Nissan type)that was tuned right, because the whole setup is designed to handle that much power but it's a lot more efficient than the camaro.
            define efficiency.

show me a smaller motor that packs as much displacement and raw output than a small block chevy or ford.
            "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
            -93 MR2, 129 ES
            ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
            Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Jesse, a smaller motor that packs as much displacement ? that doesnt make any sense to me...can you elaborate ? Engine sizes are based on displacement...

Comment

physical size of the engine...

like how small of a space can we fit the engine into.

-93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

yall can keep ur mustangs lambos and camaros i would take a 1972 datsun 510 in baby blue with the RB26DETT motor swap
                  i is dumb

Comment

Originally posted by skr33t_rac3r
                    yall can keep ur mustangs lambos and camaros i would take a 1972 datsun 510 in baby blue with the RB26DETT motor swap
                    correct me if I'm wrong...but isn't a Lambo...an Import?

Comment

Yes all cars that are not domestics (made in the us) is an import and yeah the saleen S7 is a domestic yeah i said it!

By the way have any of you heard of the 1300hp skyline GTR R33
                      with mods to the internals I seriously doubt an american muscle can mess with that unless its a full blown dragster.
                      Sandon Davis

Don't mess with the Sandman

Comment

OK, I phrased that badly. I'm aware that not all of those companies use the same type engine... I was thinking of just a medium sized six cylinder, regardless of the setup. And yes, I know the setup does make a difference for power also.

I define efficiency as using a smaller engine for the same result, for instance, an import with a smaller engine that has the same acceleration and top speed as a Camaro with a huge engine.

Comment

I define efficiency as using a smaller engine for the same result, for instance, an import with a smaller engine that has the same acceleration and top speed as a Camaro with a huge engine.
                          Which brings me to my point again. There's certain 4 cylinders that are as hard to fit into a chassis as a small block... that being the case, where's the benefit of having less displacement?

You can engineer big displacement motors too...and make MORE power.

If you want acceleration and top speed though, bike powered kit cars are the only way to do it streetably.
                          -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Originally posted by GotBoost
                            correct me if I'm wrong...but isn't a Lambo...an Import?
                            i never said it wasnt but sombody said they wanted one so i told wut i wanted
                            the 510
                            i is dumb

Comment

the 510 is a nice car, my parents had one when I was a kid, I miss it
                              2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

yeha its been my favorite car since i was like 3 when i saw one at a car show it was one of the tightest ever then i saw the one in the SCC and it had the skyline motor and i was in love
                                i is dumb

Comment

Working...
                                X