No announcement yet.

American Muscle vs Japanese Technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not biased towards any kinda car. I enjoy all kinds (although there are times I wish the protege had a v-8 rumble to go with the bov). For an import, I'd take my protege, a 323 GTR, B6T powered Festiva, or a late 70's to mid/late 80's Toyota Corolla (gotta love the RWD). For a domestic, I'd say either a 68 Dodge Dart GTS with a 440 six pack or a 57 Chevy with a Vette 327 with dual 4 bbl carbs and a tunnel ram intake . Last but not least, German engineering.....Ruf GT3 or a BMW M5.
    Last edited by BoostedPro; 02-06-2004, 12:22 AM.
    1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
    MODS:
    GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
    TO DO LIST:
    EDM/JDM rear bumper
    EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
    Repaint car

Comment

I like the idea of a BMW with as LS1 in it now. If I have the time and money after I'm out of school, I just might do that. :evilgrin:
      Bryan
      MOCC MEMBER

-"Mean people rule."

Originally posted by midnightblue97
      Thought the oil pump was run off the timing belt??

Comment

wil it be priced like the $z8
        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by D323
          McLaren F1.
          You all lose.
          Overpriced Mercedes crap, but beats the hell out of everything else out there, and it is Emissions legal in the US.
          But I believe it doesn't meet crash safety standards.
          Some guy, I rthink the owner/prez/bigwig at Ameritech imported one. Its in Texas, or was at the time I saw the article in Road and Track
          Ryan The middle child is always ignored
          BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
          Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

But I believe it doesn't meet crash safety standards.
            Some guy, I rthink the owner/prez/bigwig at Ameritech imported one. Its in Texas, or was at the time I saw the article in Road and Track
            It surpasses all standards. They said it could hit the barrier at 30mph and have minimal structural damage and still be able to drive to a shop.

Show me an american car that can do that!
            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

and the McLaren must be the only road-going car that survived a 30-mph barrier crash test without any structural damage--it could have been driven back to the factory after the test!
              taken off of http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/D...55/mclaren.htm
              1st paragraph of Tech analysis.
              The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

umm, structural, no...but that's because the entire front end sheers off to absorb the energy. And want to take a stab on how much some custom laid carbon fiber matrix is?

The other question that goes along with any car that can withstand major impacts is what happens to the occupants? If the car doesn't absorb any energy, passangers will. It HAS to deform in some way to absorb the energy.
                "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                -93 MR2, 129 ES
                ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by zenilder
                  I like the idea of a BMW with as LS1 in it now. If I have the time and money after I'm out of school, I just might do that. :evilgrin:
                  Check this out!

Comment

Originally posted by Markley02
                    I couldn't make it past the first page.

Comment

ummm yeah i got hung up there too. viper henesee by the way. 0-100 and 100-0 in something like 11 seconds<---could be a ridiculous misquote.
                      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Yeah. That's where I read about it at.

...and yes I was stuck on the first page for quite a while, too.
                        so I saved the image and moved on.
                        Bryan
                        MOCC MEMBER

-"Mean people rule."

Thought the oil pump was run off the timing belt??

Comment

Originally posted by fuq_A_vtec
                          ummm yeah i got hung up there too. viper henesee by the way. 0-100 and 100-0 in something like 11 seconds<---could be a ridiculous misquote.

0-100-0 in a tad over 8 seconds. Viper what?
                          -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

you have driven one right?
                            i is dumb

Comment

driven one what?
                              -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

a caterham
                                i is dumb

Comment

Working...
                                X