my favorite is the 13bt 510

Comment

Originally posted by red90protegelx
      my favorite is the 13bt 510

Or the 13b protege

Comment

lol yeah

Comment

i really don't know, i'm on the fence on the issue as far as import vs. domestic. i mean, if anything, i'd want a car that had some decent power, nice powerband, good brakes, good gas mileage, and be taken to the track every month or so for a couple runs.. but i'm not going to get what i wish for. i mean, there's a dude around here with a completely decked out 9 second street legal mustang (pump gas mind you) rolling around... but to me, thats excessive. but you have to realize, to a great number of us, speed maybe important, but comfort and reliability are the two most important things to me. i've tromped on my car, and honestly, you peg that pedal, SOMETHING is bound to break. yeah, a car around 140 to 160 hp is adequate for my speeds honestly, and yeah, a countash (sp) or lambo would be awesome, but there's no way in hell i could drive that thing around here. with the traffic lights, stop signs, and idiot drivers around here, to be realistic, any ****in car over 60,000 dollars is WORTHLESS! i couldn't put this statement more straight forward or honestly.. thats my take
          peace

Comment

organized racing has NOTHING to do with the manufactuer of the car. It's totally based upon what the sanctioning body thinks.

Gross example. A Porsche 911 turbo is a fast car on a racetrack. However, it'd be the slowest thing out there if you raced it against a bunch of LMP prototype cars. Classing is what makes racing work.
            "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
            -93 MR2, 129 ES
            ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
            Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Too true.
              Sandon Davis

Don't mess with the Sandman

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
                1969 Hemi Cuda (427 Hemi) it was pushin like 400+ hp in stock trim.

67 AC Shelby Cobra 426 *will own any import*

Just my opinion tho.
                ]

Thats 426 Hemi, and 427 cobra.
                Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

i will also go with a japanese car.....but i will say that the new mustang's that are coming out, the 2005's are looking mighty sweet.
                  i mean, if i was rich, i wouldnt mind owning an old classic...

www.floridamazdaclub.com

Protege is going back to stock...its time for a change...she will be traded in soon.

For Sale:
                  4 17" exel TZ 7 rims w/2 good tires (other 2 need to be replaced) -- $150

Comment

people tend to think that because some, and i mean some, highly modified i4's are capable of beating a v8, that it makes this the better option. your talking about an engine that cant be pushed any farther. how far can you push a v8 tho? what would happen it we put a turbo vette up against a turbo... civic, whatever. a v8 is gonna win simply because its bigger. if you have an 4 banger you can pull what? 700hp if you do every goddam thing possible? a 6 banger would be probably 900-1000? you get what im saying? bigger means it can take more, which means i can produce more.

another factor is cost. whats it cost to make a 10 sec civic? 10 grand conservatively? whats it cost to make a 10 second chevy nova? ive seen it done with $3,000 (these numbers are assuming you have the car already) you can go tech, and rape your wallet, or go balls out and have pure muscle (and what sounds better? honestly? a 502 chuggin in idle, then exploding in a ferocias roar that shakes the frames of everyone and every thing within a mile, or a turbo whizzzin)

as to handling, the vette z06 out handles, out accelerates, and out brakes the acura nsx. i know the viper is the king of american cars right now, but the vette beats it on anything but a straight line. (id still take the viper) when your putting a big ass v8 under the hood, thats alotta weight in an otherwise light car, kinda like an orange on a toothpick (HEAD! PANTS! NOW!)

as to what the companies should do:
                    Chevy- Remanufacture the 1963 Corvette split window, 69 l88 427 vette, remanufacture the 69 Camaro SS, 65 Impala, and for me - 1965 corvair monza 2 dr convertable... 180 ci spyder turbo... automatic tranny
                    Ford- Turino, 64 1/2 stang, 71 fastback, 69 mach 1
                    Oldsmobile- Cutlass baby
                    and everything caddilac made before 1965
                    if any of these companies made these cars EXACTLY like they were their years of production (with minimal modern crap) they would make a friggin killing. who wouldnt buy a 63 split window?
                    Serenity's Dead.

Comment

omg i forgot the best ford ever!!!! THE COBRA! and yes i know the viper is a v10
                      Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
                        and you know that domestics make up power by having a huge engine but still a crappy HP/cid ratio... stock
                        Except, of course, for the Shelby/Dodge GLH Omni & Charger, Ford Mustang SVO, and Pontiac Grand Am Quad 4, all of which were 150+hp and 2.3l or smaller, in the mid-80's, mind you, when EVERYTHING was underpowered.

Just playing devil's advocate.
                        ~Mark.
                        2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

Originally posted by Mark 02dx
                          Except, of course, for the Shelby/Dodge GLH Omni & Charger, Ford Mustang SVO, and Pontiac Grand Am Quad 4, all of which were 150+hp and 2.3l or smaller, in the mid-80's, mind you, when EVERYTHING was underpowered.

Just playing devil's advocate.
                          Take the turbo's off them and see what you got.
                          And for the Quad four, yeah it had some power, but they were always broke.
                          Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                          BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                          Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

I have a 69 Olds 442 that gets about 2 blocks a gallon and I like it. I had a 2.3 H.O. Quad 4 with a ton of work done to it, I liked it. I would choose an RX-7.
                            I found out how to beat a Honda! Just about anyway you can think of. Even in reverse. <- my buddy Mike: Haha, your Civic is a pile of vtech crap! Zoom-Zoom!

Comment

my corvair owns u! lol 110ci of 6cyl volkswagon wannabe power! and the only thing id take over an rx7 (95 tt) is a viper(2001 800tt). i think we all agree one thing tho... itialian cars suck!

"Ferarai, itialian trash!"-GoGo, Kill Bill Volume 1
                              Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by KiddX
                                \i think we all agree one thing tho... itialian cars suck!

"Ferarai, itialian trash!"-GoGo, Kill Bill Volume 1
                                having been to the ferrari factory, living in italy for 3 years, and owning an italian car i say dont go making ignorant blanket statements. and at least spell ferrari correctly

Comment

Working...
                                X