Rice's Epic 323 worklog........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
    yea i've barely seen you around, hows the 4wd going? any progress lately?
    The engine is out of the 4wd, I have been visiting the JY looking for the right donor car to nab a couple harnesses from.
    I still need a gtx ecu and thats everything
    I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
    |.....Overnight....................| ||
    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Over the past couple days ive been working on installing 3000k HIDs in the fog lamps. It was no bolt in affair with the Hella 500 (or whatever they are) but theyre in there and they work. Found a cleaver place to put the slim ballasts.

Also fixed more of Nick's bull**** wiring on the turn signal.

To-do when I return form Florida:
      Fix wiring on driver turn signal
      Figure out why LED brake light in spoiler isn't working.
      Paint valve cover again.
      I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Originally posted by wheresthericego
        Figure out why LED brake light in spoiler isn't working.

probably held together with bubble gum if the previous owner installed it lol
        -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Speaking of a dead thread....

I started replacing the dash about 2 months ago. Today I resumed working on the interior and will finish getting the dash, radio and center console in tomorrow. I still need to go get the forward section of the center console from a j/y since I forgot to grab it out there last time.

The Skuce manifold cracked (most likely a LEAN issue generating more than average amounts of heat.....damn fuel pump) and I finally got around to having it repaired. It is out to Jet-HOT for the Jet_HOT coating to help protect the manifold from the extreme heat in the future. I opted in for the dual layer coating (inside and out).

I found a set of mx3 control arms in the back room which I forgot about. There is no reasonable time frame I can guess when they will make it onto the car.

I also found a GTR intake manifold on a shelf waiting to go on the car.
          The manifold should go on when I have the 3" stainless exhaust made since I will need to re-tune anyways.

Also picked up a 3" straight through resonator which I will use for a muffler for decent price.

Note gauges also pictured. Previous owner cut off clear gauge lens for some reason and taped it back on for some reason beyond me. I think that may have been the rattle which I have never been able to find. I used some good old fashioned JB weld and it is solid now.

I just noticed the cats were playing or something in the background when I took the last photo.

Last edited by wheresthericego; 01-03-2011, 10:26 PM.

Comment

so thats a muffler? if so I love the design, I want to run one of those!
            Anyone knows what 9K rpm feels like? I do

93 Mercury Tracer SW
            99 Honda Accord 4DR 'VIP' status
            01 Honda S2000 Future Boost

Comment

That is a nice muffler
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

i see some logitech z-5500's. i have the same speakers

NW MAZDAS

Comment

Technically, its not a muffler. I wanted a non-fart can straight through muffler.
                  What I will be using is a high-flow resonator which a couple people I k now here are using.

Originally posted by bogaut View Post
                  i see some logitech z-5500's. i have the same speakers
                  They're bad ass. I got them for black friday.

Comment

hey updates! awesome man, glad to hear she's still getting lots of attention
                    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Hey Nate, make sure your exhaust is braced to the back of the block. A lot of aftermarket manifolds crack due to this lack of bracing and heating/cooling of the welds.

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
                        Hey Nate, make sure your exhaust is braced to the back of the block. A lot of aftermarket manifolds crack due to this lack of bracing and heating/cooling of the welds.
                        I will be extra sure to make sure it will be braced to the back side. I will be having a custom 3" exhaust made in the very near future so that will be a priority of mine. I was going to have it brace to the front but I am not sure if there will be enough room.

Comment

Continued working on the dash.
                          Found myself doing things out of order and needing to take them back apart. I guess that is what I get for waiting so long...
                          Gauges, trim, switches, random wiring center dash all put in. Need to figure out what to do with the radio since im going back to the stock dash. The mx3 dash did not fit as well as I hoped in places and looked unfinished.
                          Steering column mounted and I need to see if I like the height. The MSP seats are a couple/few inches taller than the mx3 seats so the wheel needed to be adjusted again.

I guess I'll work on it more tomorrow.

Jet-HOT called and the manifold is on its way home.

Comment

are you going fully custom? You could use the trubendz kit in stainless if you wanted for the cat back
                            Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                            "Who Dey"

Comment

Originally posted by bomdoutscort View Post
                              are you going fully custom? You could use the trubendz kit in stainless if you wanted for the cat back
                              I have no cat. It will be full custom

Comment

I can't wait to see the finished product. It's going to be amazing.
                                Lookin' to boost my BP. Any help at all on this subject would be benificial to my success.

Comment

Working...
                                X