No announcement yet.

Rice's Epic 323 worklog........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i love this car. ive gotten to see it in person recently and i loved it. keep up the good work.
    2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege: Stock for now.

Comment

Originally posted by bomdoutscort View Post
      he has a first gen 323 and previously owned a second get pro lx and its still in his sig
      he owns a 2nd gen 323, which is based on the 1st gen protege platform
      "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
      -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
      *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
      172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
      New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Spent basically all day doing crap and got a lot accomplished.
        Mounted the fog light bracket(s). There is nothing to mount the intercooler to since it is all chopped up from the previous owner(i guess).

I fabbed up a plate to weld across but realized that I need to get the bumper cover back before I go making it solid. So it sits until next week sometime.

I never liked how my options on how I could mount the ecu to the chassis. I made my own mount from a 3rd gen protege ecu plate. It keeps the ecu suspended so I will never have to worry about it becoming wet from a leaky heater core or window.
        I need to pull it back out and sand blast off that rust but it should be fine for now.

I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
        |.....Overnight....................| ||
        |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
        |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
        "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
        Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

how much leg room does it effect? got any non-blurry pics it with all the interior panels installed?

NEUMAN

Comment

That's an innovative way of mounting the MS. I like it. I second the question on how much it affects leg room in there. From the looks of it, it should be minimal.

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
              That's an innovative way of mounting the MS. I like it. I second the question on how much it affects leg room in there. From the looks of it, it should be minimal.
              The panel on the right fits perfectly. I have not done anything about the left panel yet. The leg room is a little smaller but I don't care, 1) because I don't sit on that side and 2) the ECU is in a awesomesauce location.

I went ahead and took out the ecu tray again and hit it with the wire wheel. I didn't like the thought of the rust possibly spreading to the chassis being so close. Treated it with a healthy layer of enamel.

Last edited by wheresthericego; 06-01-2009, 03:44 PM.
              I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Comment

your missing a mount

Comment

wow nice haul! yea they've started to fabricate poly passenger engine mounts rice, in case you didnt know.

JACK.
                    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
                      wow nice haul! yea they've started to fabricate poly passenger engine mounts rice, in case you didnt know.

JACK.
                      Believe me, i'm aware. I'm going to see how it goes with these for now and take it from there.

Comment

tasty..........

Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

lies, who's car is that?

Comment

Sweet. It has come a LONG way.
                            My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Install Shifter Bushings: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...491#post646491

Custom HID's: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...&highlight=hid

Comment

^ That's an awesome action shot! Looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by deadly_sleeper View Post
                                tasty..........

That's a spitting image of your car Nate. Holy crap Time to change up your look? Lol
                                1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                                1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                                2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                                .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Working...
                                X