Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by me19875 View Post
    where exactly are you going to race it?
    PIR, seattle raceway, spokane, yakima drags, probably various autocross courses....laguna seca if i can make it down there......Ive always wanted to run at leguna seca......closest Ive gotten is PS3
    Last edited by swalltr207jg; 04-16-2009, 12:50 AM.

Comment

that's rad dude. i haven't really looked at this build til now. i'd love to see u @ PIR when u swing in
      1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
      Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
      "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

OH.. what did u make the splitter out of?
        1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
        "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

With that size a radiator I don't think you have to worry about putting an intercooler in there. Unfortunately side mount and top mount designs are nearly impossible to get as efficient as a front mount.

Comment

Originally posted by worldhazard View Post
            OH.. what did u make the splitter out of?
            the splitter is made out of carbon fiber

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
              With that size a radiator I don't think you have to worry about putting an intercooler in there. Unfortunately side mount and top mount designs are nearly impossible to get as efficient as a front mount.
              thats because most side-mount designes use small intercoolers, with no ducting, or very little, and are located close to the engine in the engine bay and experience heat-soak issues. the intercooler Im using is 18'' x 13''x4''
              so has a slightly smaller surface area than the biggest front mount I could put in the bumper mouth, however mounting it in the front, my radiator would be heating my intercooler and vice versa.....this way I have a huge intercooler mounted away from the radiator, so no heat soak to either, and the design Im using the intercooler will virtually be out of the engine bay, because of the extraction hood Im going to encorporate with the ducting, as well as an ecu activated solenoid to spray the intercooler if the intake temps start to rise.

Comment

why not just make your rear wing an intercooler!

worked on MR2s

Comment

i'd love to see u @ PIR when u swing in
                  +1 let us know when ya plan on stopping by.
                  sigpic

Comment

why not just make your rear wing an intercooler!

worked on MR2s
                    huh? I hope your joking,

Comment

new radiator pics
                      http://
                      the inlet and outlet are in the correct places, its bigger than the stock unit/higher capacity 2 core...has a probe for a thermo sensor ....and can be mounted like so ....

Comment

Man the car is looking great, cant wait to see a finished product
                        91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

You should angle it the other way if you can. It's more efficient, specially if you have a vent in your hood

Comment

it wont even come close to fitting the other way

Comment

This project is really cool, I love the sidemount intercooler and the ducting work to get the air out---cold air and less drag to boot!

I looked at some heat exchangers on ebay that were tiny but thick (like 8"x18"x3"thick) to try an use as a radiator so I could stack the fmic and rad to avoid heat soak/separate the airflow to both with ducts straight up through the hood to vent the air. I'm waiting for one of the smart people (fluid transfer engineer guys) to get back to me to see if it'll work with the 250HP/heat I'm generating. I'm almost hoping it won't because it'll save me 80 hours of fabwork and $100's in aluminum/carbon fiber if I use the stock location and not worry about it...now I kind of wish I hadn't found your thread!!

Nice job/creativity by the way!!!
                              sigpicwww.piercemotorsports.com www.piercemotorsport.com Like us on facebook http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...91292610897146

Comment

Sweet ride dude, keep it up.
                                Bump for updates.
                                This is my BP. There are many like it but this one is mine. My BP is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my BP is useless. Without my BP I am useless. I must drive my BP true. I must drive straighter than my enemy, who is trying to beat me. I must beat him before he beats me.

Comment

Working...
                                X