95 egt race/daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JPmotorsports View Post
    Wow---A ton of progress! Wish mine was coming along that well...Now all you need are some carbon fiber doors...

oh yeah

Comment

Way to much done to it... Nice update.
      Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
      "Who Dey"

Comment

not much done fore a while, been busy, but got some parts today back from jethot, the spindles are the rears for the scort, the rest is for the evo

Comment

wow shiney! glad to see you're still working on this beast! when did you pick up an EVO? looks like that's going to be something crazy too
          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

picked up the evo last winter, needed something all wheel drive for snowboarding, and driving in the snow, evo was the logical choice, best part about the shiny is, no rust to worry about, however if I could of gotten the spindles made in aluminum I would have gone that route

Comment

daMN my eyes hurt from looking at that pic lol an evo? hmmmm i smell AWD haha
              Anyone knows what 9K rpm feels like? I do

93 Mercury Tracer SW
              99 Honda Accord 4DR 'VIP' status
              01 Honda S2000 Future Boost

Comment

I just spent like an hour or so going through your entire thread again---very cool stuff---I'm not sure what we could say to motivate you to finish it (I know it's hard to find time/money---I'm in the same boat...) but it's looking great and I can't wait to see updates/it finished!!!!
                sigpicwww.piercemotorsports.com www.piercemotorsport.com Like us on facebook http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...91292610897146

Comment

I just spent like an hour or so going through your entire thread again---very cool stuff---I'm not sure what we could say to motivate you to finish it (I know it's hard to find time/money---I'm in the same boat...) but it's looking great and I can't wait to see updates/it finished!!!!
                  Im motivated, just lacking time and $, some things that would help....I need a welder, or someone to weld the cage you sent me in. I need time to mock up the much wider rims and tires so I can start the molds for the front fenders. I need some rpf01/volk ce28n's in a 17'' by 10'' to fit 275, fwd set-up... preferably in blue...I need a lift....I need several rolls of 2x2 twill carbon fiber, a pressure pot, and a venturi attachment for my compressor, I need four ksport airjacks...and a wind tunnel would be nice.... ....the front brakes should be showing up this week, and I have an APR GTC-200 WING that I need to get set-up, as well as some carbon fiber tube bracing for the wing
                  Last edited by swalltr207jg; 12-29-2010, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by swalltr207jg View Post
                    Im motivated, just lacking time and $, some things that would help....I need a welder, or someone to weld the cage you sent me in. I need time to mock up the much wider rims and tires so I can start the molds for the front fenders. I need some rpf01/volk ce28n's in a 17'' by 10'' to fit 275, fwd set-up... preferably in blue...I need a lift....I need several rolls of 2x2 twill carbon fiber, a pressure pot, and a venturi attachment for my compressor, I need four ksport airjacks...and a wind tunnel would be nice.... ....the front brakes should be showing up this week, and I have an APR GTC-200 WING that I need to get set-up, as well as some carbon fiber tube bracing for the wing
                    I wish I was closer---I could weld up the cage in a couple of hours and have the lift available every weekend---the rest however you'd be on your own---I can help with the airjacks when that time comes.

I started out thinking about the 275 and ended up settling on the 245/40/17---I found some inexpensive/strong Team Dynamic 17x9" wheels for less than $200 each...even with going smaller, I've had to cut a bunch of the rear up (the fronts not to bad/difficult) and beat up the arch's to get a fair amount of uptravel for the ride height I was looking for---thank god I welded in the cage first---there's not much material/strength left in the rear strut towers.

What brake kit did you end up going with?
                    sigpicwww.piercemotorsports.com www.piercemotorsport.com Like us on facebook http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...91292610897146

Comment

I went with some specialty rotors and some dynalite calipers for the front, with adapters of coarse, not sure what I'm going to do with the rears yet....so in the rear did u have to cut the strut area cause of rubbing issues? I'm planning on bringing the fenders out.......hopefully that mitigates lots of cutting

Comment

for the rears it would all depend on the offset of the rim, if you go lower offset it'll bring it further away from the strut body.
                        -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by swalltr207jg View Post
                          I went with some specialty rotors and some dynalite calipers for the front, with adapters of coarse, not sure what I'm going to do with the rears yet....so in the rear did u have to cut the strut area cause of rubbing issues? I'm planning on bringing the fenders out.......hopefully that mitigates lots of cutting
                          I had to cut up at the center of the arch 5" of the body---as the stock body line continues from the rear bumper to the door, at the center of the rear wheel/arch we went up 5"---and then cut the inner away from the outer skin and then beat it up 2-3"---it's going to be even more for you with the 275 tire.

We got the inner radius up with in about an inch from the outer skin (so about 4" or so) and that allowed about 2 1/2" of uptravel at full droop with a reasonable ride height. I can up the spring rate and live with 1 1/2" of up travel at ride height in the back, but that's really asking for rubbing when you bang on the rumble strips...The front isn't near an issue---remove the lip at the back of the wheel well and you've already cut out the front so your good.

With the 17x9's, the tires stick out more than an inch past the body, and I'm going out another 1" or so with spacer/balljoints.

Comment

Nice built, i'm always happy to see a BP with a snail on it lol !

P.S: i'm kind of noob about msd inition systems, do you have somes tips or advice ? what's the benefits of your system ? optimisation of the sparks ?

Cheers !

Comment

I had to cut up at the center of the arch 5" of the body---as the stock body line continues from the rear bumper to the door, at the center of the rear wheel/arch we went up 5"---and then cut the inner away from the outer skin and then beat it up 2-3"---it's going to be even more for you with the 275 tire.

We got the inner radius up with in about an inch from the outer skin (so about 4" or so) and that allowed about 2 1/2" of uptravel at full droop with a reasonable ride height. I can up the spring rate and live with 1 1/2" of up travel at ride height in the back, but that's really asking for rubbing when you bang on the rumble strips...The front isn't near an issue---remove the lip at the back of the wheel well and you've already cut out the front so your good.

With the 17x9's, the tires stick out more than an inch past the body, and I'm going out another 1" or so with spacer/balljoints.

My rear fenders are 3" wider, I guess I can't picture the cutting issue....ill have to look through your pics

Comment

Originally posted by triplezoom View Post
                                Nice built, i'm always happy to see a BP with a snail on it lol !

P.S: i'm kind of noob about msd inition systems, do you have somes tips or advice ? what's the benefits of your system ? optimisation of the sparks ?

Cheers !
                                Its msd coils attached to an microtech ignitor ignition and an lT-10s ecu, standalone

Comment

Working...
                                X