Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therieldeal View Post
    emissions could be interesting
    Not really, MO just changed the emissions system so that OBD1 and prior vehicles don't need it, which I know doesn't matter in this situation, but they also made it so that OBDII testing is done at dealerships...my dad is a Mazda Master Tech. It'll get through one way or another.

Originally posted by Kitty
    Theres obd2 probes/mx6's so should be no problem at all.
    The engine I have is from a '99 626. I got lucky.

Originally posted by 13thghost
    stick with the fs engine. this will make the head pains lots less.
    What FS engine? This car doesn't have one. Besides the fact that the FS is slow, boring, and not a KL V6.

I like head pains. This swap won't be much of one though.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
    On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
    My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Originally posted by jumpncrash View Post
      the KL P5s are in Quebec or at least 2 of em, and there are 2 2001 race prepped KL proteges here too

Nick
      Pics, info, etc? Good to know that they are somewhere. I'll have the only one in St. Louis though...I have the only BPT in St. Louis too. :D

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo

Comment

this is for the race prepped pros, gonna have to dig for the P5s though
        guy wants 20 000 each
        ex-World Challenge Mazda Protegé

Motor
        V6 KLZE 2,5 litres
        MOTEC ADL DASH Logger system with beacon
        MOTEC M-48 ECU Computer
        Race Clutch BULLY Performance
        Aluminium lightweight Flywheel
        Lightweight Crank Pulley
        Front Mount Oil Cooler Kit
        Aluminium Radiator Ron Davis
        Fuel Pump BOSCH 044
        QUAIFE LSD transmission + EMCO 3rd, 4th and 5th short gear
        Triple master Pedal assemblies

Suspension
        MOTON Motorsports with Adjustable Top Plate
        Full suspension geometry built in rod-end,
        Rear swaybar

Brake
        Big Brake KIT 12 inches with AP 4 pistons Calipers front and Willwood 4
        pistons in back
        (also 2 brake KIT from Protege’s Mazdaspeed for CCTCC Touring class)

Wheel
        Racing Hart CP035 17 inches

Bodywork
        Fully paint in white in 2008
        Full race rollcage,
        Adjustable Rear Wing,

Safety equipment
        Competition 6-Point Harness and seat
        Quick release Steering wheel
        Fire extinguisher System
        Fuel Cell

Last edited by jumpncrash; 10-09-2008, 02:30 PM.
        Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
        sigpic

Comment

theres this guy too, but its not a P5 though.

http://avonspeed.monchar.com/

I'll keep hunting cuz I know they're around here somewhere :p

Nick
          Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty View Post
            Theres obd2 probes/mx6's so should be no problem at all.

what years were those. thats thew only thing that concerns me

Comment

Originally posted by viper_707 View Post
              what years were those. thats thew only thing that concerns me
              '96-'97. But the KL V6 was available with a 5 speed in the 626 til '02.

Comment

I have no tow vehicle. Looks like the pick up will have to wait til next Sunday. U-Haul's tow hitch for the BF 323 is only a Class 1. LOL

Comment

idk why people are starting to say this will be a pain in the ass.

people this is a direct bolt in! he's not converting to odb1, he's staying odb2.

any FS or KL powered vehicle will be able to swap out for the other engine...all engine/tranny mounts bolt in the exact same location.

i think this is the best idea for a p5, honestly. fs engines are crap and unreliable once you get over 200whp on stock internals. they should have made the MSP with a boosted US spec KLZE. end of story.

168hp>130hp

JACK.
                  -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                  http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                  http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
                    idk why people are starting to say this will be a pain in the ass.

people this is a direct bolt in! he's not converting to odb1, he's staying odb2.

any FS or KL powered vehicle will be able to swap out for the other engine...all engine/tranny mounts bolt in the exact same location.

i think this is the best idea for a p5, honestly. fs engines are crap and unreliable once you get over 200whp on stock internals. they should have made the MSP with a boosted US spec KLZE. end of story.

168hp>130hp

JACK.
                    +1

168hp will be nice...I wanted a ZE but I can't beat $500 for a complete DE swap. Some time down the road I may supercharge it too. I just want this to be the nicest car possible.

So far it's looking like P5 leather(with seat heaters added), MP3 wheels, MP3 suspension(springs, shocks, rear swaybar), MSP front bumper/headlights/front swaybar/LSD, JDM taillights, my brother also has the Mazda Accessory cargo tray, Millenia Enkei alloy spare, hmm what else. Only thing I really wish the car had was a moonroof. Oh well!

What do you think, flat towing the shell with the 323 and a rope? It's only 380 miles...

lol

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid View Post
                      '96-'97. But the KL V6 was available with a 5 speed in the 626 til '02.

nice now know where to look lol. but what about any of the mx6 were they not obd2?

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid View Post
                        What do you think, flat towing the shell with the 323 and a rope? It's only 380 miles...

lol
                        i think you would be buying a new P5 in the near future if you tried that.
                        "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                        -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                        *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                        172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                        New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

yea dont try that crap man lol, i've done that for short little 2-3 mile tows...nothing extensive. Me and my dad actually went 1/2 on a used car dolly since we own so many damn cars haha.

So the car has to travel 380miles? do you have any type of road side assistance?

JACK.

p.s. sounds like the car's gonna be nice. Are you getting the MSP suspension off that N-O-S supplier off ebay? I keep seeing them pop up.
                          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
                            yea dont try that crap man lol, i've done that for short little 2-3 mile tows...nothing extensive. Me and my dad actually went 1/2 on a used car dolly since we own so many damn cars haha.

So the car has to travel 380miles? do you have any type of road side assistance?

JACK.

p.s. sounds like the car's gonna be nice. Are you getting the MSP suspension off that N-O-S supplier off ebay? I keep seeing them pop up.
                            Yeah definitely not towing it with the 323. If they made a hitch for it, maybe.

My roadside assistance is my cell phone calling my brother or my dad. So far I've only had to call in that situation once, but then didn't need help. lol

It looks like I'll actually pick up MP3 suspension as there is one in a local junkyard(not a you-pull-it yard, but the owners know my brother and let him come in and pull his own stuff, and I can go with him). I want the car to be lower than stock but still ride really nice, and I was going to do an Eibach Prokit but the MP3 came with Eibach springs anyway.

Pickup is scheduled for next Sunday. I should be able to come up with a tow vehicle by then.

Comment

just remember to keep the rear P5 stut mounts and get the MSP front ones.
                              Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
                              kitty, you are a hilarious woman
                              Originally posted by HopelessCow
                              there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
                              Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Picked up the car today! After fighting with the tow vehicle(a salesman's QX4) for a while late last night, one of my friends went home to sleep, expecting us to leave in the morning. Well my dad sorted out the tow hitch issue so my other friend and I decided to just hit the road, at 3:45AM. lol When we got to Dayton, the guy wasn't really expecting us that early...a lot of the car was lying on the grass assorted and ready to be installed...so we spent some time putting as much stuff together as we could. The interior is nearly done except I need to get a headliner for it(the one in it is scuffed pretty bad) so the surrounding pieces aren't in.

But man I'm so happy with it...he had so many new parts for it too. It's awesome.

Here's some pics:

Damn tailgaters!!

Oh wait, that's mine.

That's it for today. I'll be making a list of everything I need for the car on Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
                                X