MazKid's project "Nice Car"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryan you have too many cars LOL i'll take one off your hands
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
      Ryan you have too many cars LOL i'll take one off your hands
      The 323 will be leaving once the P5 is ready.

Plus only about half of my '94 Miata parts car is left.

So I have 4.5 cars. 3 that I can drive. Seems reasonable to me. LOL

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
      On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
      My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

so is it a pain to dolly a car?

reason i ask is because i will be doing this in the next 2 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by smoke187 View Post
          so is it a pain to dolly a car?

reason i ask is because i will be doing this in the next 2 weeks
          Nah it's not bad. I mean this was the first time I've personally towed a car period. That's my brother's tow dolly, and I've been with him/his business partner when they've towed a couple of cars with it and it works fine.

Probably better for smaller cars, takes up less space, less wieght to tow, etc. Towing the dolly by itself is very loud and annoying, but with the car on it it's pretty quiet.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo

Comment

dollies are super easy to use smoke. i've never had any issues before. just make sure after the vehicle is 'properly' hooked up, you drive it a few miles then check everything again. i've towed vehicles 350km (w/e that is in miles) with no issues. Once you get up to highway speeds you dont even notice it's there (my dolly doesnt even have brake assist haha)

P5 looks good man! i wish i was able to come give a hand with the v6 swap, because i'd LOVE to be there when she fired and drove under her own power!!

JACK.
            -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

cool thanks for the answers going to be towing over 380miles dont want to be paranoid the whole way home

back on topic

Comment

Nice, I have always loved P5's since I drove my friends around! His was silver as well, but with a KL man that car will scream good luck and as always, Nice Car!
                1991 Mazda 323 Base (Gretchen)-Build Thread
                Sold-1987 Mazda 323 Wagon (Molly)-Build Thread
                R.I.P.-1988 Mazda 323 GT (Misty) -Build Thread

Oh Colorado, how beautiful your mountains and awesome your roads!

Comment

Was at the shop today and figured I might aswell take a few pics of my Protege5 getting dusty. The ACT HDSS clutch came in yesterday, and a FB RX-7 left the shop today, so progress is being made...just slow that's all.

Comment

looks like its time for some tint on that p5
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

drivetrain first ryan haha

JACK.
                      -Jack

Comment

Looks nice.
                        1994 Protege - KLDE Swap.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
                          drivetrain first ryan haha

JACK.
                          +1

I'm not one for tint...but I might tint the P5, like as close to a factory tint transparency as I can get. I thought some of these P5s came with factory tinted windows...if that's the case, maybe I can hold out and try to find glass. That would be ideal.

Oh yeah forgot to say I got the clutch in the car today.

Like...I set the ACT box with the clutch on the passenger seat in the car. lol
                          Last edited by MazKid; 10-29-2008, 01:43 AM.

Comment

haha, nice ryan

Comment

one step at a time haha.

so the engine you're installing, is it the kl24 or w/e it's called? its supposed to be a re-designed kl engine for the 2000+ 626s.

JACK.
                              -Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
                                one step at a time haha.

so the engine you're installing, is it the kl24 or w/e it's called? its supposed to be a re-designed kl engine for the 2000+ 626s.

JACK.
                                Not sure, I need to read up on stuff. lol My KL is from a '99...so uhh...I don't know.

In other news, yesterday I took the day off and went to a local full-service junkyard where my brother knows someone, so he's allowed to go in and pull almost whatever...to give you an idea of the cars there, Mazda wise there were 2 Protege5s, a Protege MP3, a BJ Protege, 2 NA Miatas, a Mazda6, 3 Mazda3s, and 2 '96-'98 MPVs(1 All-Sport).

Here's a list of what I got:
                                Protege MP3 front springs/shocks(shocks are destroyed, car was wrecked)
                                Racing Beat rear swaybar/endlinks(might need new ones)
                                MP3 Floormats(have to find the passenger side next time)
                                Foglight harness
                                Stock P5 front swaybar(didn't want it but they threw it in)
                                And best of all:
                                Protege5 Greddy catback!
                                And I'm getting the rear subframe/shocks/springs from the MP3, they have to pull them Monday.

My brother got a ton of stuff, Accord leather steering wheel, 2 Accord gauge clusters, bunch of Miata suspension parts, a handful of ECUs, the front swaybar from the MP3, Miata rear panel, Miata center console(both parts), Mazda6 rear calipers, MP3 and auto P5 shift knobs, MP3 emblems, Integra rear calipers, and a few misc things I can't even remember...$240 for all of it!

I can't believe how awesome of a day it was...and then we went to another yard that just got a Conquest in and I got the intercooler for my Miata.

Then we went back to the shop where I put the interior together on the P5. Didn't get the leather seats in because my brother wants to see the title of the car first, which ForceFed needs to send to me.

Pics of the goodies coming soon...thought I was going to the shop today but my brother never called me and I was busy spending the day doing absolutely nothing. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X