No announcement yet.

MazKid's project "Nice Car"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow that's quiet the place! i'm envious best thing i've found mazda wise is a basically stripped P5 and a t-boned rx-7 turbo 2 lol.

JACK.
    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Took some pics today. Got the Miata parts car out(and my brother ravaged it with the fork lift, I can post those pics too lol) so it's almost time for the P5 to go in. I also hooked up a battery and sat in it and listened to the radio for a bit...got lost in the music, daydreaming about cruising around in it, then my brother opened the door and told me to get out of my engineless and titleless(in the mail) car and help him get some things done. LOL

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
      On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
      My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Nice find in that P5, I see that the guy you bought it from was smart and left the bagges off the hatch lid and filled the holes. It seems that every P5 I see has large spots of surface rust around those damn badges.

Didn't Mazda know there was such a thing as double side tape, instead of drilling holes, anytime a hole is drilled and something shoved in it like a badge you have the potential for rust. Geez.

Pat.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sube View Post
          Nice find in that P5, I see that the guy you bought it from was smart and left the bagges off the hatch lid and filled the holes. It seems that every P5 I see has large spots of surface rust around those damn badges.

Didn't Mazda know there was such a thing as double side tape, instead of drilling holes, anytime a hole is drilled and something shoved in it like a badge you have the potential for rust. Geez.

Pat.
          Hah, yeah exactly. Some of the badges on the new Mazdas are taped on, but others still use pins. Like the MazdaSpeed 3, the MazdaSpeed and 3 emblems are taped, but the HUGE Mazda symbol is taped and pinned.

Atleast they fixed the order issue they had back in the '90s - putting the name of the car on the left side and the Mazda emblem on the right side.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid View Post
            Hah, yeah exactly. Some of the badges on the new Mazdas are taped on, but others still use pins. Like the MazdaSpeed 3, the MazdaSpeed and 3 emblems are taped, but the HUGE Mazda symbol is taped and pinned.

Atleast they fixed the order issue they had back in the '90s - putting the name of the car on the left side and the Mazda emblem on the right side.
            Oh and I noticed you missing the cover on the licence plate lights and hatch handle or did you not get around to putting that on yet?

Pat.
            sigpic

Comment

Oh and I noticed you missing the cover on the licence plate lights and hatch handle or did you not get around to putting that on yet?

Pat.
              The guy I got the car from still has to paint it. He said he painted it twice but it came out looking crappy, so he has to redo it. He's been super busy lately but when he gets it done he'll ship it to me.

Comment

Those tailights look better than factory, any ides on the cost of them.

Pat.
                sigpic

Comment

Pat.
                  CorkSport sells them, $200 brand new.

Comment

Are you going to modifiy the KL before you drop it in? Under drive pulley? Intake manifold make over?

I figure even a cast removal (intake), port match, and polish, with an oversized TB would net some nice gains

Gonna go with those phenolic spacers too? Can't beat 9whp for $100.

JACK.
                    -Jack

Comment

Actually, they are factory?! They are on the JDM Mazda Familia.
                      I also, think they look better than the North America market tails.

And Mazkid, you may want to check your engine, your CEL light is on!?! lol

-Dean
                      'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
                      -Dean
                      2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
                      18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
                      Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
                      MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
                      Injen CAI - Polished
                      Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
                      DaveB trim rings
                      Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
                      Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
                      Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
                      Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
                      Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
                      Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
                      Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
                      Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

Originally posted by DeanSweetP5 View Post
                        Actually, they are factory?! They are on the JDM Mazda Familia.
                        I also, think they look better than the North America market tails.

And Mazkid, you may want to check your engine, your CEL light is on!?! lol

-Dean
                        Yeah I saw the CEL was on so I walked across the shop to the KL, but it says "Runs and drives GOOD" on it so I figure it must be one of those pesky cat converter codes. LOL

As far as what will be done to the KL...not sure really. I don't know enough about these engines...my brother does though. My dad does too...and we will be bringing the KL to my dealership for my dad to get it completely ready - new seals throughout, gaskets, etc etc.

My brother thinks I might have to use a Millenia intake manifold due to clearance...but who knows til we get the engine ready to go in? Hopefully the car will get moved into the shop in a week or 2.

I picked up a full set of springs and shocks from a local MP3 owner for $75 today. Kinda confused...they are Tokico blues like the ones off the MP3 at the junkyard, but the springs are red whereas the ones from the yard are black Eibachs...I'm thinking these red ones are Racing Beat springs so now I don't really know which I'll use. I needed the front Tokicos anyway, and will sell whatever I don't use...maybe the Eibachs are aftermarket - a Prokit? I'll have to check part numbers.

Comment

racing beat springs probably.

i don't know much about the engines either, but i'm learning they're very responsive to modifications.

You MIGHT have to do the curved neck swap, i never thought of that one.

I'd seriously recommend changing the crank pulley over for an aluminum piece, even tho theres isn't a rubber insulator for the harmonic balancer. The rubber tends to let go and spins off the ribs for the accessory belts (happened to mine with 209,000km).

The pheonic spacers (www.outlawengineer.com i think?) are a definate must since these intake manifolds are prone to heat soak

JACK.
                          -Jack

Comment

An update: Got the MP3 wheels on the car and got the car in my brother's shop, finally. 3 pics:

Comment

i see red swaybars awesome pictures ryan!
                              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Yeah my brother and I have duplicates and triplicates of RacingBeat suspension components. I have 6 springs(4 rears and 2 fronts), 4 shocks, 2 or 3 rear swaybars, 2 fronts, 9 MP3 wheels, it's hilarious.

I need to order 4 swaybar end links and my brother needs to pick up the MP3 rear subframe from the junkyard, then the suspension will be done. I got Ground Control coilovers which will be great.

We have to pull the KL off the subframe and take it to the dealership where my dad will tear into it and replace all of the seals, timing belt, and etc etc. In the mean time I will be doing the suspension and get the leather seats in. Still need to get ahold of the guy I bought the car from to get the hatch trim piece, and I need to get fog lights, a radiator, and sort out the headlight wiring(MazdaSpeed Protege headlights have 3 wires while the P5 has 2, so low beams work but not brights, shouldn't be a big deal...). I hope to have the car drivable by the first of the year but who knows. The other guy doing the swap has the engine in the bay but like nothing else done, and I have more resources than that guy so hopefully I can be the first. Even if I'm not, he's in Canada so I'll be the first in the US it appears. Woohoo!

Comment

Working...
                                X