MazKid's project "Nice Car"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do it up right ryan
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Document the **** out of this swap Ryan.
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Bought swaybar endlinks today...my dealership had em in stock too. Just shy of $100 for the set, gotta love the discount.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
        On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
        My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

$100? geez, why not buy aftermarket ones?
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
            $100? geez, why not buy aftermarket ones?
            Because I know the Mazda ones will fit perfectly. I could have saved a little with aftermarket replacement ones but I figure I'd just buy Mazda ones. $100 is a good deal for them.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo

Comment

ah^ im all about adjustability. but you know me

Comment

Are you using the msp sways? If so weren't they es bushings?
                1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
                  Are you using the msp sways? If so weren't they es bushings?
                  MSP front swaybar and a MP3 rear swaybar. My parts guy said there are 2 types of end links, 1 listed for all Proteges and 1 listed for a "MPS2" stiff suspension. I took that as meaning MSP so that's what I got. As far as the bushings, the ones I have are fine and I'll pack em with grease so they don't do the notorious clunk. Worse case senario I buy new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid View Post
                    MSP front swaybar and a MP3 rear swaybar. My parts guy said there are 2 types of end links, 1 listed for all Proteges and 1 listed for a "MPS2" stiff suspension. I took that as meaning MSP so that's what I got. As far as the bushings, the ones I have are fine and I'll pack em with grease so they don't do the notorious clunk. Worse case senario I buy new ones.
                    no can do there sealed units

Comment

Originally posted by viper_707 View Post
                      no can do there sealed units
                      The bushings that hold the bar to the car, those you can pack grease around.

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid View Post
                        The bushings that hold the bar to the car, those you can pack grease around.

yes, i was thinking of just the endlinks. even better get the clunk fix brackets for the rear bar. http://www.autoxracing.com/component...id,3/Itemid,2/

Comment

Originally posted by viper_707 View Post
                          yes, i was thinking of just the endlinks. even better get the clunk fix brackets for the rear bar. http://www.autoxracing.com/component...id,3/Itemid,2/
                          $195! Screw that. Grease is free for me. :D

Comment

Nice project!

BTW, you WILL need the curved neck intake manifold.

Good luck! PM me if you need some answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Domspun View Post
                              Nice project!

BTW, you WILL need the curved neck intake manifold.

Good luck! PM me if you need some answers.
                              100% positive on the curved neck manifold? It's no problem, I have access to a ton of KL intake manifolds.

So how do you have answers? Have you put a KL in a 3rd gen Protege? Just wondering. I'll take all of your answers, I don't mind cheating.

Comment

He has the answers. Good ones too. Check out...
                                http://wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39819

and

http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38683
                                No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Working...
                                X