MazKid's project "Nice Car"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh wow! I'm amazed!

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
    On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
    My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid View Post
      100% positive on the curved neck manifold? It's no problem, I have access to a ton of KL intake manifolds.

So how do you have answers? Have you put a KL in a 3rd gen Protege? Just wondering. I'll take all of your answers, I don't mind cheating.
      100% yes. You COULD put the K8 or the "short neck" KL manifold, but it won't be as good since the ports are not the shapes. You also get more high RPM(over 6300) power with the curved neck.

Comment

Originally posted by Domspun View Post
        100% yes. You COULD put the K8 or the "short neck" KL manifold, but it won't be as good since the ports are not the shapes. You also get more high RPM(over 6300) power with the curved neck.
        OK thanks. I'm still learning about KLs, you need the curved neck to clear the master cylinder? My brother knows these engines, he said either the curved neck or a '01-'02 Millenia IM...not sure which I'll go with, I think my brother has both at his shop but I'll have to check tomorrow maybe.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid View Post
          OK thanks. I'm still learning about KLs, you need the curved neck to clear the master cylinder? My brother knows these engines, he said either the curved neck or a '01-'02 Millenia IM...not sure which I'll go with, I think my brother has both at his shop but I'll have to check tomorrow maybe.
          All 2.5(KL) Millenia IM are the same, curved necks. Maybe some small changes were made in 01, but I never saw any.

Comment

Originally posted by Domspun View Post
            All 2.5(KL) Millenia IM are the same, curved necks. Maybe some small changes were made in 01, but I never saw any.
            Oky doke! I have a curved neck manifold from a '01 or '02 and a throttle body for it, the TB needs the cable spools replaced but otherwise it's fine. My brother explained to me that they changed the coolant passages a little from the '98+ KLs compared to the '93-'97. So that's taken care of.

Comment

you're going to have a lot of port matching to do man haha. I recently found out you have the nice rare KG24 engine it comes in 98+ 626. They come with a 9.5:1 c/r compared to the typical 9.2:1. Also has a better flowing cylinder head and intake manifold with the better of the 2 for valve trains.

So don't forget that when you're ordering your gasket set, it has to be for a 98+. If you go with a KLZE/Millenia intake manifold (same thing) you'll have to do a LOT of port matching...KLZE = square KG24/KLDE = oval.

JACK.
              -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
                you're going to have a lot of port matching to do man haha. I recently found out you have the nice rare KG24 engine it comes in 98+ 626. They come with a 9.5:1 c/r compared to the typical 9.2:1. Also has a better flowing cylinder head and intake manifold with the better of the 2 for valve trains.

So don't forget that when you're ordering your gasket set, it has to be for a 98+. If you go with a KLZE/Millenia intake manifold (same thing) you'll have to do a LOT of port matching...KLZE = square KG24/KLDE = oval.

JACK.
                Sounds like fun! lol

Comment

to bay you didn't get a black p5 it would match the other 2 cars

Comment

ZE heads VS KG24 heads???

which is better
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by smoke187 View Post
                      to bay you didn't get a black p5 it would match the other 2 cars
                      I really wanted a black one so I could have my own BMM(Black Mazda Mafia) but silver was my 2nd choice, and fresh painted silver is awesome. A deal I waited for and couldn't pass up.

I wish it was done though...I just want to hop in and drive it every time I'm at my brother's shop...sometimes I just sit in it for a few moments thinking how amazing it'll be.

Comment

Nice P5, any updates?
                        sigpic My cardomain

Comment

Originally posted by edumspeed View Post
                          Nice P5, any updates?
                          Nope. Gotta fix my BG before I bring the KL to the dealership...so a week or 2 before anything happens.

Comment

Geez, that sucks
                            sigpic My cardomain

Comment

Originally posted by edumspeed View Post
                              Geez, that sucks
                              Ahh yeah, well things can wait. It's no biggie. Better to wait and do it right than try to rush it.

Comment

nice p5 man, i have one too!! but mine is so messed up because of transmission problems that i don't even have fun driving it anymore =(
                                http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47653

my fs thread

Comment

Working...
                                X