No announcement yet.

Nyloil Shifter Bushings: Official group buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't care, i'm talkin to bpt323 who is probably just BSing to sell em.
    The only BS here is that stupid sentence. I've sold over 50 kits before starting to sell here, do you think I need bpt323's BS to make 'em sell??? I trust my product enough to sell 'em without any stupid BS. The poor bpt323 even paid shipping twice cause I could not ship the whole kit and what the heck I don't even know that guy... all I know is he wanted the bushings so bad I sent 'em a set and thought I could test the US market at the same time and have somebody to share it's thoughts with you guys aside from Mazdaracer's approval.

With respect, can you explain exactly what you mean when you say, "the polyurethane control rod bushing can't even compare to Nyloil ones." Now, the OEM bushings are apparently designed to damp some of the vibration between transmission and shifter and so therefore are made of rubber to accomplish this end. One consequence of this material choice is that it introduces a certain amount of play or sloppiness into the shifter action.

The replacement Kartboy stabilizer rod bushing is made of polyurethane that, unlike rubber, has no built-in 'give' or flexibility that serves a vibration-damping function. As a consequence, the shifter and the transmission are much more rigidly coupled together eliminating a considerable amount of looseness and wasted motion and making shifts feel more precise. According to Kartboy's installation instructions, lubrication of the outer surface of the bushings is unnecessary-only the metal sleeve and mounting stud need be lubricated, probably to prevent corrosion and seizing of the metal parts. In other words, a self-lubricating bushing is not required.

My question then is, what makes the Nyloil bushing so superior to the polyurethane one? As already indicated, the fact that the Nyloil bushing is self-lubricating can't be a factor. What characteristic(s) of nylon would make it more suitable in this application than polyurethane? I'd really like to know because if it can be demonstrated that the nylon bushing will increase the coupling rigidity over that of polyurethane, I'll make the switch myself.

I think it's great that Maz1.8T is making this product and giving us a competitive choice. If his product is at least the equal of Kartboys, that's good news. However, if it turns out that Maz1.8T's bushing is the superior one, that's even better news for us all.
    First of all, THERE ARE NO BAD BUSHINGS! OK??? There are bushings for different people thats all.

The story of the nyloil kartboy bushings is simple. The material was first choosen for the bronzoil bushings. Someone expressed the need for bushings that have all the same benefits less the corrosion factor. I had the real bronzoils way before I started to make my bushings. They were great but they did indeed corrode a little after some time. SOOO, I found the next best material I thought would do the job well and Nyloil came out.

NOW, someone also said, why don't you make the kartboys also? I thought yeah why not! Since I already used Nyloil for my other bushings, I thought I could make the kartboys also in Nyloil... it's only cause the tooling was already setup for nyloil and only cause I could just order the same bulk material and make both kind of bushings out of the same stock. There are no reasons why the Kartboy should be self-lubed, you nailed it. It was just to easy my production. And the fact that Nyloil is harder than Poly, I thought I could maybe approach some diffrerent customers.

The fact that bpt323 thinks they are the best is only a matter of tastes. I won't hide the fact that out of the 50-60 sets I sold before, 2 people removed my nyloil kartboys cause they thought they were 'too much'. But that's a matter of tastes... Note that Nyloil is harder than polyurethane... poly is more like hard rubber, Nyloil is more like plastic.

...my mother will like stock rubber bushings, some will say polyurethane gets 'em the feeling they want and some like it even more harder and use my bushings. THERE ARE NO BAD BUSHINGS. GET THAT???

Either way I still want a pair of the smaller ones and I could probably sell a few bazillion of these on all of the mazda forums I go on, all depends on 1.8Ts ability to produce like 100 sets lol
    I can and I will!

Comment

viper_707 92 protege dx. <----- canadian pm me with details

Comment

Im sorry to have come across as biasing one product over another i should have properly stated "it is my opinion that they are better". i made the earlier statement knowing the fact that nyoil is harder then poly urethane. I love the feel and i cannot overextend the shift fork in per say in 3rd gear anymore (that was a problem for me on more than one transmission.)

I apologize for my errors. And no im not selling a shcpeal to help out maz1.8t.... I seriously do reccomend the bushings. I would not have even posted if i didn't approve
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

bpt323, how much more vibration do you feel in the shifter now that you have all the nyloil bushings installed?

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
            bpt323, how much more vibration do you feel in the shifter now that you have all the nyloil bushings installed?
            I, for one, was surprised to see the front bushings did not induce more vibration on my 1st gen. It seems to be worse with 3rd gen where the front bushings are bigger.

Comment

So, there's hardly any difference compared to the stock bushings?

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                So, there's hardly any difference compared to the stock bushings?
                Barely. I'm just back from a little ride to ship D323's bushings and it dosen't vibrate much more than stock... it's barely noticeble.

Shift feeling is sooooo much better though! hehe

So D323 if you read this, you know your bushings are in the mailbox.

Comment

basically i really couldn't tell a difference in vibration between that of the stock rubber and the nyoil.... and i have solid motor mounts.
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

1.8T.....you are with kartboy? and are you planning to develop any other nyoil products besides shifter stuff?
                    93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                    02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                    05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Originally posted by Gro Harlem
                      1.8T.....you are with kartboy? and are you planning to develop any other nyoil products besides shifter stuff?

lol no I'm with myself that's all! I'm just your average tech in mechanical engineering that has access to machines and fabrication like CNCs, welding, laser cutting, etc...

I have no further plans for now cause I got more than enough stuff to do right now but I'm opened to any ideas that could sell... whatcha thinkin'?

Comment

Can these stilll be bought or are you sold out? Would really like to get a set? Also wanted to know if the possibility of some control arm bushings, sway bar kit, and solid motor mounts were out of the question?

Comment

Originally posted by TutRacing
                          Also wanted to know if the possibility of some control arm bushings, sway bar kit, and solid motor mounts were out of the question?
                          i'd also be interested in knowing this...

Comment

Send payment, and name/address ASAP if you want a set.

Comment

front & rear camber plates for the BG-chassis cars...if you have access/ability to machine aluminum or stainless steel.

Rear TTL bushings for both TTL's on BG cars.

other than that, nothing i can think of shy of making some motor mounts for my car which I doubt you'd do.
                              93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                              02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                              05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Originally posted by TutRacing
                                Can these stilll be bought or are you sold out? Would really like to get a set? Also wanted to know if the possibility of some control arm bushings, sway bar kit, and solid motor mounts were out of the question?
                                id also be in for some of thos...
                                91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.