Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i can call him up tomorrow and see what he says about faxing me a work order or a bill.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
    Mods:
    DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

Do you think that's unnecessary?

Comment

no, just never crossed my mind since a lot of people vouched for him. i guess it shows how trustworthy i am.

i mean, sam knows where the place is and the place does exist and dave, who is well respected here likewise mentioned that he knows the place.

Mods:
        DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.

Comment

just got a call from seth, yeah you read that right, he called me! he went back to the shop and saw my call and returned it.

he said that as soon as he gets the downpayment he will send us an invoice for the whole transaction, e.g. total cost and how much we have put down and how much we still owe him.

Mods:

Comment

agreed
            95 ES
            05 S60R

Comment

i have to agree with martin. paperwork would be the best bet on making sure everyone keeps up their end of the bargin.
              proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

Originally posted by beetle_orange
                just got a call from seth, yeah you read that right, he called me! he went back to the shop and saw my call and returned it.

he said that as soon as he gets the downpayment he will send us an invoice for the whole transaction, e.g. total cost and how much we have put down and how much we still owe him.
                Well... I guess I can't do much about it then and if everyone here (at least the ones participating in this conversation) agrees, I'll just write out a check for 10x$125 and send it down to San Diego.

Comment

see above. we should have some way of holding someone accountable for the money, other than martin should this thing fall through.
                  proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

intruder, tell me when you've sent it and i'll give it 3 days and call him so he can fax me an invoice. pls write details on the check as well and maybe attach a little letter so he knows why we are sending him that money. maybe on the MEMO portion of the check write D/P 95-98 Mazda Protege CFH.

Mods:

Comment

would a certified check or money order hold insurance that we paid so we potentially don't get ****ed?
                      95 ES
                      05 S60R

Comment

A detailed letter stating what the money is for and signed by intruder seems good enough until we get the invoice for the whole GB. Just make sure to make copies. If it ever came down to us getting screwed we do have evidence and 8 people or so who know what the money is for and why it was sent.

I know we're trying to cover our ass and so is this guy. Let's try and keep a good relationship w/ this guy.

I say send the deposit money and get a fax of the invoice.
                        ED
                        '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
                        Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
                        WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

Thanks guys

So intruder how much do I still owe you and when is the latest that I can send you the last check?

I have the money but I don't want to send it soon unless it is neccessary. Ooh, I am going to need you to pm your address again.

Peace out guys and can't wait for the hood.

Beetle do not forget THE 20th. (yes this Saturday)

Comment

you only need to send $125 for the downpayment.

i heard its gonna rain this saturday.......but so far i am still leaning towards going.

Mods:

Comment

Hello friends.

beetle_orange asked me for an update and the update is that there are no updates as of right now. However, there is nothing stopping me from sending out a check tomorrow.

I was just hesitant due to the fact that we have yet to receive a "contract" or a written agreement including prices and a timeline. The two guys who've been calling them need to kindly ask for such an agreement to be signed and transmitted (either by mail or electronically) to one of us. I believe that this is a necessary part of the deal.

When we get such a signed letter or a fax, I will send a check, and I expect to receive a receipt.

Does everyone agree? Does anyone disagree?

Comment

100% agree with you intruder. This should solidify an agreement between both parties so neither of them get screwed in any way and prevent a sour situation. With this contract I would personally feel 100% more comfortable in sending you whatever else I owe you. It just sucks when there is no guaranteed timeline or "fixed" price for our future hoods.

Santos

Comment

Working...
                                X