Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intruder, or any of the other guys involved in the group buy, how does carbon fiber hold up against winter elements such as cold, thaw and salt? Here in Chicago it is a big deal.
    Last edited by sanblaster1; 08-29-2005, 04:26 PM.

Comment

not a clue. not up north where there is winter cold thaw, and salt. beetle might know better. find some ricer whose had his cf hood for a few years a look at it.
      proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

i'll see what seth's take is on the matter.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
        Mods:
        DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

Can you call tomorrow and ask about the check too? I included my contact info and asked them to contact me when they get the check, but no one's called yet, so...

Comment

sure, no problemo.

Mods:
            DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.

Comment

Uno momento. Any updates?

Comment

called him this morning and he said that he hasnt gotten your check. asked about the snow and salt and he said that it doesnt affect it at all.

Mods:

Comment

well thats good news for those of you who see it. as for me i'll stick to the southern states thank you very much.
                  proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

asked about the snow and salt and he said that it doesnt affect it at all.
                    I heard that some that do have it take it off in the winter and put their old ones back on. Just like the people who change there wheels and tires during snow. I think that is a pain in the ass personally but then again I may just be lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by sanblaster1
                      I heard that some that do have it take it off in the winter and put their old ones back on. Just like the people who change there wheels and tires during snow. I think that is a pain in the ass personally but then again I may just be lazy.
                      i think people take it off more for the sake of it not getting screwed in a fender bender, which is highly probable in the snow

and then when you end up scraping your hood cause ice is formed all around the nozzles... im sure you wouldtn want to scrape a cf hood

but then agian, it takes all of 10 minutes to swap your hood
                      i put mine on by myself today... in about 3 minutes

Comment

i must agree with pigeon. i think people take them off because they dont want to take that risk. i remember seeing a member at msprotege having his carbon fiber hood and getting into an accident cuz the road was full of snow.

in fact according to seth its the UV rays from the sun that is actually harmful, it dulls out the color but if you go into a shaded area you will see the shine come back.

Mods:

Comment

while your in the shade? whoo hoo, thats great!

Comment

Originally posted by beetle_orange
                            called him this morning and he said that he hasnt gotten your check.
                            That's not good.

Comment

will see tomorrow.

Mods:

Comment

I'm more concerned with gravel and cinders chipping the epoxy kicked up from the road. especially when the first snowflake falls, penndot goes nuts and drops everything they can on the roads, which i'm sure is the case in other snowy states.
                                95 ES
                                05 S60R

Comment

Working...
                                X