Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can.
    Originally posted by loganss
    We have enough money for the deposit.
    Technically, no. Ideally we need one more person to commit to this group buy (well, 2, but Sam is doing some damage control at the moment). We have to figure out how we want to proceed as a group with the last slot.

Has that money been sent to PureSports already and the mold for the hood started?
    The money is sitting pretty in my bank account. (*in a Dave Chappelle voice* I'm rich, bitch!) lol We have more than the 10x$125, but that's because you sent full payment. I was wondering if you'd be willing to let us allocate part of your full payment towards the needed 10th deposit, but I don't even know if that is going to help us any. Like beetle says, Seth is willing to start production even without the deposit.

Has the mold for the hood started without money being sent?
    I know as much as you do in this case. My understanding is that "production" has been started. By this I mean that Sam (Prototender) dropped off his hood at the shop, and they started the process of making a mold. Now they're having difficulties sourcing the carbon fiber. Again, this is what I have gathered from the info posted by the only two people who've had contact with Seth at PureSports.

No mold has been made and no money sent.
    There is no mold at the moment. All the money is safe with me.

I'm not sure why we'd need to wait for someone.
    OK, let's figure this out. As soon as we find out the current status of the mold, and a timeline for production and delivery of the final product (and given everyone's approval), I will write out a check for the amount of $1250 and mail it to Seth. I don't want to send any money before we know what we're getting ourselves into. Let's get a "contract", review it, "sign", then send payment.

Comment

alright sorry guys my kid was born sunday morning, so i haven't been very active on here, but, as soon as I can I'm getting out to puresports to take a look at progress, and hopefully get some pics of the cf and let seth know what we want, so we can get our hoods.
      proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

Boy? Girl? Congrats!

Comment

boy and thanks, 6lbs 13 ounces, 20in
          proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

whoa! congrats man!

as far as loganss concern. intruder was right on every account.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
            Mods:
            DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
            http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

Congrats on the baby boy.

Thanx 4 answering those questions intruder. That cleared things up for me.

I'm fine with letting part of my payment go towards the initial deposit.
              How many people are willing to split the 10th hood price, if it came down to it? I am.
              ED
              '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
              Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
              WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

Me too. So let's find out what the timeline is and we can proceed.

Comment

unfourtunately there is no way i can throw in any more to this buy.

Comment

That's fine. You've already done enough.

Comment

i am in.

Mods:
                      DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.

Comment

Originally posted by beetle_orange
                        i am in.
                        What's the latest from Seth?

Comment

still trying to get a hold on him. good guess would be he is still trying to source the materials.

Mods:

Comment

I can help out with the tenth also...

Ideally, we can unload this thing before it comes out of the mold. Otherwise we have to figure out who will store it.
                            1998 Mazda BHALP SE - Rain Forest Green Mica

Pacesetter short shifter ; Depo tails (thanks beetle_orange) ; Custom CAI nearing completion ; CF hood on the way ; Brembo blanks & KVR pads to be inst. (thanks Pigeon) ; Goodridge brake lines to be inst. ;

Much more to come...

Comment

was on the phone with seth like 3 times today. he has the pictures and i am just awaiting him to email them to me! hold on guys!

Mods:

Comment

is this cf on the underside as well? is the frame of it fibreglass?

Comment

Working...
                                X