No announcement yet.

XelderX's '88 323 Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might have a line on a cluster with a tach. If I get my hands on it, I'll send you a PM.

Comment

Finally, the ball is rolling on this project.

I ordered new axles today and I'll be picking up a good 1.6L Miata motor for free. I need to get a Capri intake and exhaust manifold in the next few days along with some new motor mounts. I should hopefully have 90% of everything I need by the end of next week.

Comment

holy crap!!!! thats the same wagon i saw in the middle of nowhere a few weeks ago ... i better call the number i have ....

Comment

I was looking on Car-part.com earlier today and noticed that they list the Capri and 323 intake manifolds as interchangeable. Can anyone confirm that? It would be nice if I could use my B6 intake manifold and not have to buy a Capri manifold. I'm also curious if the Capri exhaust manifold will bolt directly to the B6 mid-pipe.

Comment

sweet wagon.

Comment

are you talking about swaping the sohc intake to the dohc intake? because i dont think they can swap like that i know the mx-3 1.6 dohc is the same as the miata dohc, so the intake will fit, but idk if it'll work in your application lol.
              -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

also ebay has lots of 1.6 miata turbo manifolds for cheap
                -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

I think the MX-3 intake will fit on the miata engine, just gotta check firewall clearance is all. I know B6T MX-3 guys had to keep their stock (94-96) intakes because the BF B6T ones hit the hoods. your car won't hit the intake with the hood though.
                  2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                  1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Weird. No big deal. I'll get it figured out.

Comment

Big score at the junkyard today. Intake manifold, fuels rail/injectors, throttle body, distributor, coil, and motor mount bracket from a Capri....all for just $100. Considering the distributors are over $275 brand new and this was a running car when it was parked there 2 days ago, I'm extremely happy. I'm going back tomorrow to wrestle the exhaust manifold off.

Comment

progress! i cant wait to see it on the road.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

nice man i didnt expect to see another 323 wagon in the states. you just need some low drop bumpers like we get in nz then it will be way more sexyer.

Comment

Originally posted by wgneyz View Post
                            nice man i didnt expect to see another 323 wagon in the states. you just need some low drop bumpers like we get in nz then it will be way more sexyer.
                            I would love to get a set of bumpers, but the shipping alone would cost more than I paid for the car. I've been wanting to get a GTX front bumper, but there just isn't a suitable rear to fit the wagon sold here. I've got a lot of things going tomorrow that should hopefully move this project along. I finally got all the oil and grime cleaned off the transverse brace. I just need to spray some flat black paint on it and it's ready to go back in. I should be able to get the old SOHC off the engine stand and get the Miata short block up off the floor where I can clean it up and maybe even give it my signature gold paint job.

Comment

Originally posted by XelderX View Post
                              I would love to get a set of bumpers, but the shipping alone would cost more than I paid for the car. I've been wanting to get a GTX front bumper, but there just isn't a suitable rear to fit the wagon sold here. I've got a lot of things going tomorrow that should hopefully move this project along. I finally got all the oil and grime cleaned off the transverse brace. I just need to spray some flat black paint on it and it's ready to go back in. I should be able to get the old SOHC off the engine stand and get the Miata short block up off the floor where I can clean it up and maybe even give it my signature gold paint job.
                              Look on ebay.de and search for "Mazda BF Stosstange"
                              While you're at it, grab the e-code lights and parking lights.

Comment

yea the low drop rear bumpers are a rearish item in nz they are worth $150-200 nzd for them

Comment

Working...
                                X