No announcement yet.

Another Mazda Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking for something close to 200's. If the tire has to be stretched (I'm talking the slightest bit though. I really cant stand stretch) then that's fine. Otherwise I'll be running 195' r16. Looking at T1R's
    1988 Mercury Tracer. (aka Ford Laser)

sigpic

"If you do not try you cannot fail, but neither can you succeed.....however....If you dont have any clue what your doing, please, ask for help."

The above quote does not in any way imply that I know everything, but rather that I too need to ask for help sometimes

Comment

damn....i guess spacers prob help me then...too bad most tire company dont carry 205 in 14s. i have nankang now...

Comment

would a decent bolt conversion kit add to much space on my car? Where is the issue, with the suspension or with the fender?

sigpic

"If you do not try you cannot fail, but neither can you succeed.....however....If you dont have any clue what your doing, please, ask for help."

The above quote does not in any way imply that I know everything, but rather that I too need to ask for help sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty323 View Post
          damn....i guess spacers prob help me then...too bad most tire company dont carry 205 in 14s. i have nankang now...
          Im running 205/40 -16 om my car without any problem at all, if i remember right i got ET35 and 5mm spacers in the front and back.
          I think i could have 215 without it touching the fenders or the springs to but it would be tight

Comment

if you like gtx's so much, why dont you take that other one out of retirement. anything can be fixed. and if it cant, does it have a rear wiper motor? i need one

Comment

its retired and used, I really only needed it for the front end.

sigpic

Comment

Will the heater core from the '90-'94 323 fit my 1988 323?

sigpic

Comment

pulling apart my dash today, need to find out why I don't have any heat. I'll post photo's

sigpic

Comment

Next to the gas pedal are the inlet and outlet pipes for the core. Do they get hot?

Check the selector cables and see if they are secured to the flapper doors too.

Also, if the thermostat is stuck open, it will cause issues.

I hate removing the dash.

Comment

Didn't get to the car today, we received a foot plus of snow last night. Douche room mate took my jack out into the fracking snow. I want another $500 jack.

sigpic

Comment

Went out to look at the heater core today. The previous owner ripped out all the copper lines running into the car. Now there are rubber flex hoses. All that is fine, but he pulled the heater core out completely to install an RV space heater. My passenger doesn't have any leg room. I just have to get a new core. Anyone know if the '90-'94 core will fit my car? Everything else behind the dash looks the same.

sigpic

Comment

Cross reference the parts on the rock auto website. I want to say that they are but I'm not 100% certain.

My heating and cooling system is a mish-mash of BF and BG parts.

Comment

cheers

sigpic

Comment

That website has solved so many issues. The heater cores are different, but not by much. I think they will work.
                              On another note. I only have Off and Full blower power. I don't have 1-4. The guy I purchased the car from told me that he took something out from behind the glove box. He told me he didn't know what the thing with the spring coil on it was for and threw it out. DUH!

sigpic

Comment

Great news! I don't need a new heater core. I can use the RV space heater. Just have to move it over and make some room for a piece of PVC pipe that I can run up into the blower outlet. He also put good speakers in it. Alpine for the win!!!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X