No announcement yet.

Another Mazda Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take a look at the wiring for your heater controls. Just go buy yourself a blower motor resistor if they have not been hacked apart. That will solve your problems and give you back the 1-4 speeds.

Comment

will the front end from a 89 323 sedan fit my 88 323?
      1988 Mercury Tracer. (aka Ford Laser)

sigpic

"If you do not try you cannot fail, but neither can you succeed.....however....If you dont have any clue what your doing, please, ask for help."

The above quote does not in any way imply that I know everything, but rather that I too need to ask for help sometimes

Comment

Well dash is out of the car. will post picks later. Man was it a bitch. I couldn't get the steering wheel off (assuming it needs a puller given the two threaded holes on either side of the bolt.) Had to drop the steering to get it out. Now time to clean up 23 years of dust and crumbs. Tell me, how does someone get a french fry in behind the cluster?

Also, my car didn't come with a tachometer. Does that mean that I'll need a different harness for cluster with a tach?
        Last edited by TheDanny; 02-04-2011, 08:50 AM. Reason: typo

sigpic

"If you do not try you cannot fail, but neither can you succeed.....however....If you dont have any clue what your doing, please, ask for help."

The above quote does not in any way imply that I know everything, but rather that I too need to ask for help sometimes

Comment

Was Anyone else's car put together finger tight? I mean almost everything.

sigpic

Comment

Loosen the main nylock nut on the wheel until it is at the end of the column shaft the wiggle, push/pull alternate sides of the wheel and it should work loose.

Yeah the hardware rattled itself loose after years of commuting and rallyx.

The racha are plug and play, as with most of the other electronic goodies found on other makes and models.

Comment

Awesome. Also just curious on the positive wire colours. Blue and White?

sigpic

Comment

Get a DVM and a shop manual. I can't recall what wire is what.

Stupid iPhone keypad hates me...

Comment

Just purchased an '89 323 sedan.

I need
                  -Front end body panels and hood
                  -cluster
                  -centre column
                  -heater core
                  -blower motor resister
                  -clock
                  -maybe some other stuff.

Let me know if there is anything that anyone would like and I'll see if its worth salvaging.

Cheers Ty

sigpic

Comment

I need the rear defrost switch,could you take a look at the lower rad support(where the sway bar is attached) to see if it looks ok?I could come over and sawzall a hunk out of it.Let me know.

Comment

I'm sure the switch works, its yours if it does. As for the rad support, might be iffy. The car had to be straightened at one point. I'm not sure the exact details of the accident. I can PM you some pictures.

sigpic

Comment

I have to have this car gone by mid week. If anyone wants anything I need to know by Tuesday.

nickZ--- I only have the dash switch for the defrost, I need the one off the cluster housing from the new parts car. Hope that's alright.

sigpic

Comment

I have a 4 speed 1.6L sohc. Will the 5 speed transmission from the 1.6 sohc line up right?

sigpic

Comment

Never mind. I love 323's

sigpic

Comment

Body parts

If I had a Tracer, I would want to do the Ford Laser TX3 conversion (with Mazda badges - even cooler). The bitch about this one is getting parts from Australia or NZ where they were most abundant. I have a clock from a Tracer if you want it - I think it was a different display colour for the LED compared to my GTX.

Last edited by J.P.; 02-06-2011, 07:18 PM.
                              1988 323 GTX
                              2009 Mazda 5

Comment

I might have just had a change of heart. The Australians have done something that no one else could do. Its a sporty "tracer" I love it.

Is it just the grill and lights that are different? If that's the case, I'd like to get my hands on them asap!
                                Last edited by TheDanny; 02-06-2011, 07:48 PM. Reason: Needed more!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X