Michael0008 bf Etude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott@USRT View Post
    But, with an adapter plate it specifically will work?
    Never heard of it being done so no idea. Also if your going to go through all the trouble to make a adapter plate you might as well use a different trans that will actually hold the power.
    12 cbr250r: daily ride
    01 saab 9-3: daily
    98 gsxr 1100: for sale
    93L: money pit/ space waster
    92GL: low and slow beater
    90?: the rust free shell
    89LX: swapping to rust free shell
    89L: for sale
    89L: parts
    87 conquest: dohc 4g64 swap underway
    76+80 vw dashers: for sale

Comment

im using the v6 gearbox from a lantis type r ,which i just found out its lsd too
      and engine has only done 62,000km

i heard that the v6 only weigh 50kg more.
      next up working out the mounts and if i can use any bf ones

Originally posted by DeeAOne View Post
      you got it! Nice. Yeah I meant to tell you that you kinda have to do some pivoting to get it to drop in from the top. Lol. You probably had even more trouble with your car since its rhd.
      yea took ages to just test fit it through the bottom
      i don't think its possible at all to go through the top haha
      Last edited by michael0008; 10-15-2010, 05:17 PM.

etude ftw!

Comment

Originally posted by shorestiva View Post
        never heard of it being done so no idea. Also if your going to go through all the trouble to make a adapter plate you might as well use a different trans that will actually hold the power.
        true story!
        Scott F. Williams
        Team Director
        Usually Sideways Rally Team
        www.usrallyteam.com

Comment

got the gearbox mounts sorted and the speedo is cable now
          turns out the bfmp gearbox mounts bolt up at the back and front one just needs the hole redrilling on the bracket

might try and use the lantis power steering pump too

also wow lsd bitch

etude ftw!

Comment

Originally posted by michael0008 View Post
            got the gearbox mounts sorted and the speedo is cable now
            turns out the bfmp gearbox mounts bolt up at the back and front one just needs the hole redrilling on the bracket

that was one of the best days of the swap for me. i was like "hmm wait a minute," and it just bolted up. i was so happy. lol

and its definitely possible to go through the top just takes some maneuvering. ive never dropped mine in from the bottom. then again your car is RHD.

if you use a stock BF front mount you will need a spacer in between the mount and bracket. the bracket is a little wider than a BF mount.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Oops..missed that pm from you! Do you still need that info?? I'm using V6 power steer pump on BF rack and it works fine just had to get a new hose made up . V6 definitely goes in from the top in a std RHD BF without the exhaust headers on and I don't have air con either. If you need names of people in Christchurch that can make driveshafts and custom rads I'll let you know.

Comment

sweet good to know it can fit through the top

also just a quick question why did you guys not go to bg hubs 5x114 or 4x100?
                just cant decide at the moment what hubs i want to use
                and whats easy to use or better
                Last edited by michael0008; 10-20-2010, 05:07 AM.

etude ftw!

Comment

I used early 4 stud 626 hubs (different shocks needed) and brakes to get the bigger CV's, discs and calipers...never actually measured up BG hubs for size/ geometry. You'll probably find that 5 stud hub centres will fit the BF knuckle......I had a quick measure up and it looked possible but didn't actually try it.....the rear is a different problem altogether....which is why I stuck with 4 stud hubs.

Comment

looks like its coming along good michael let me no when you want all you stuff painted

Comment

done , all mounts finished even the side mount

next up wiring anyone got some wiring diagrams or any help

haha too big to close the bonnet

good thing is i used all the bf mounts and brackets with little mods

only probably soo far is the master cylinder, its too big and hits the engine or is like 3mm away from hitting
                      so i need to get a smaller one
                      Last edited by michael0008; 10-25-2010, 01:33 AM.

etude ftw!

Comment

i used the BG 4x100 hubs. only took a little widening of the holes on the BF lower control arms and everything bolts up. of course you have to use your BF tophat though.

as for wiring, there are really only 6-8 wires that need power for your KL to run. leave your start/charge harness (alt, starter, etc) alone. i was even able to use the same alt plug from the B6 and it plugs into the KL alt. if your harness is the same as mine the main wires on your start/charge side should be a thick white/red stripe, black/white stripe, and thick black/red stripe(starter).

this plug right here is one of the main plugs coming from the fuse box on an mx6, 626, etc. so i just cut it out of my mx6 and wired it into my BF fuse box, and it fired up on the first try.

heres another picture with it next to the diagnosis box so you can see where it is on a KL harness.

the plug in my hand is on the harness. the one at the bottom of the picture is the plug i cut out of the mx6 harness. once those few wires got power it was smooth sailing from there.

the black/blue stripe is power for most of your sensors(TPS, o2's, temp sensor). black/white stripe is main power for your distributor. white/red stripe is power for your injectors. these wires come through that gray plug.

hope some of this helps.
                        Last edited by DeeAOne; 10-25-2010, 01:39 AM.

Comment

sweet cheers heaps man thats really helpfully
                          any wires need to be connected in the dash loom?

is cp realllllly slow for anyone else?

etude ftw!

Comment

its slowing my whole computer down at the moment...lol.

as for interior, the only thing i had trouble with was getting the fuel pump to work through the relay. i eventually just hardwired it to my ignition so when i turn the key to the on position it runs.

Comment

nice michael what happend to painting the engine bay ?

Comment

kfze conversion in a mazda etude bfmpfirst start

Last edited by michael0008; 10-31-2010, 12:06 AM.

etude ftw!

Comment

Working...
                                X