Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
    "Who Dey"

Comment

1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by bomdoutscort View Post
        Get some coolant in that thing.
        yea going to ,i might use a Honda civic radiator or bg radiator. i hopefully cools it fine.

um should i be worried sense i only have like 5mm between the chassis rail and the crank pulley
        maybe i shouldn't have used all bf mounts haha.

also i think Ive found a axle thats the right length that fits fine in a kf gearbox in a bf
        and is off another car
        Last edited by michael0008; 11-01-2010, 05:08 AM.

etude ftw!

Comment

What axle are you thinking?
          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
            What axle are you thinking?
            um been talking to Neil aka Evilist and he told me where he got his axle from .Its a place up in Auckland and they found him a axle the length he wanted for his fe3 ,but they didn't know what the axle was off.
            so will ring them up soon to see if they can find another one and will get the model of car its off,so theres a axle out there thats the right length

also Honda Accord 1.8 89 and Honda Prelude 96 onwards have the right spline count just haven't found the lengths of these axles yet
            Last edited by michael0008; 11-01-2010, 04:23 AM.

etude ftw!

Comment

Originally posted by michael0008 View Post
              yea going to ,i might use a Honda civic radiator or bg radiator. i hopefully cools it fine.

um should i be worried sense i only have like 5mm between the chassis rail and the crank pulley
              maybe i shouldn't have used all bf mounts haha.

also i think Ive found a axle thats the right length that fits fine in a kf gearbox in a bf
              and is off another car
              mines the same. just keep your mounts tight and you will have no issues.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

mines the same. just keep your mounts tight and you will have no issues.
                sweet will make sure they are really tight

anyway decided to use a bg radiator ,got hoses connected up after cutting up about 5 to get all the right angles i need haha.

im going to mount two fans on the front of the radiator so should be all sweet for temp

and 2.25 inch exhaust is nearly all finished just got one bracket to weld on for the hanger

only probably so far is the power steering pump the pulley hits the chassis rails, so no powersteering for me.
                so Ive got to some how make a bracket with a bearing to keep the belt tight now
                Last edited by michael0008; 11-07-2010, 01:12 AM.

etude ftw!

Comment

just a idea how close **** is

a little bigger

why do you guys use the bg springs and shocks, when all you have to do is slot the hole a mm on the bf shock?

looks like i will get heaps of negative camber from how the hub is bolted on

also how you guys keep the belt tight when you remove powersteering?
                  Last edited by michael0008; 11-28-2010, 01:13 AM.

etude ftw!

Comment

I found that the ford aspire (94 and newer Festiva) or KIA AVELLA AC Idler pulley is a 4 rib pulley. I replaced that with the smooth tensioner and wrapped the belt around it and used the same tensioner system. With a shorter belt. Never did get the correct belt length sorted before I had to get rid of the car.
                    2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                    1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by nerd racing View Post
                      I found that the ford aspire (94 and newer Festiva) or KIA AVELLA AC Idler pulley is a 4 rib pulley. I replaced that with the smooth tensioner and wrapped the belt around it and used the same tensioner system. With a shorter belt. Never did get the correct belt length sorted before I had to get rid of the car.
                      sweet cheers heaps being trying for awhile to work out a pulley that would work
                      now the fun begins of finding a ford aspire 94+

etude ftw!

Comment

I have a pulley that I bought brand new, might cost a bit to ship but if you want it you can have it for the cost of shipping and I'll throw in the belt I was going to use too. Should fit in a padded envelope well.

I'll snap a pic. you may need a bushing to center it but you could probably fit a piece of hose over the stud.
                        1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

I have a pulley that I bought brand new, might cost a bit to ship but if you want it you can have it for the cost of shipping and I'll throw in the belt I was going to use too. Should fit in a padded envelope well.

I'll snap a pic. you may need a bushing to center it but you could probably fit a piece of hose over the stud.
                          cheers man definitely keen

etude ftw!

Comment

I'll get a proper pic of the idler in the morning, its with my tools in the car, the belt is at work, but I won't be able to ship anything till monday anyway.
                            1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

I'll get a proper pic of the idler in the morning, its with my tools in the car, the belt is at work, but I won't be able to ship anything till monday anyway.
                              thats fine im in no rush, still got axles to sort haha

etude ftw!

Comment

5 stud done on right side and axles in
                                car looks a crap load better with 16' wheels
                                camber is all right ,just wheels sit out a bit haha offset is +25

cv boot doesn't look too squash from the axle length

lantis rotor and calipers
                                Last edited by michael0008; 11-28-2010, 02:21 AM.

etude ftw!

Comment

Working...
                                X